FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Night Listener

Author Topic: The Night Listener
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Go see this movie. Right now.

Then come back and let's talk about it.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
MAN... I just got back from the movies and I've got a wedding and then D&D tomorrow...

When I see it - I'm coming back.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Ack!

I didn't see this thread.

Anyway to link my post to this thread?

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Don't worry about that. Let's make this the "GO SEE IT" encouragement thread and people can talk about it in your thread.

I found the movie well acted, directed, and written. I saw in it a very entertaining mystery story wrapped around a deeply interesting psychological and philosophical movie about the nature of relationships and their "reality". My one criticism is that the camera work seemed a little amaturish, which is shocking almost, considering the caliber of the cast. They must have cut budget corners all over the place to get this film made. That said, the only place it shows is in the camera work, and that only a little.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
See it for Ms. Toni C. once again proving she's one of the best character actors working today.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Bump for those who haven't seen the movie yet. If you have seen it, post in The Night Listener Spoilers thread.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.