FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Breaking down the Top 25 teams

Author Topic: Breaking down the Top 25 teams
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Breaking down the Top 25 teams

Ohio Sate isn’t much of a surprise. I thought Texas and USC were ranked a bit high after loosing so much talent Notre Dame is always a fun one to root against. Oklahoma and Auburn seemed interesting too.
But then you get to my beloved Mountaineers. Finished last season #5 after winning the Sugar Bowl. Only 1 loss in the season to Virginia Tech. I was kind of surprised at #7 since they finished last year at #5 and there has been so much talk about how everything is ripe for them to make a run for the National Championship. Who knows. Anything can happen in college football.
I was thrilled to see Florida, Florida Sate, and Miami not up at their typical spots of 1,2,3.
So any other big college football fans on here?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
West Virginia is the most overrated program in the country this year. Congratulations.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Yeah, we’ll see about that. That sort of talk fires the team up. Which is great. That’s what happened before the Sugar Bowl!

Are you an LSU fan?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Virginia Tech is going all the way, I'm calling it...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Texas is raned kinda high cause Young was such a big part of their championship, but USC is always really good. I think VATech is ranked lower than they should be?
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Yeah I was surprised by that too, I guess its because they aren't totally set at QB yet.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

I think its cause they're a bunch of castrated turkeys

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hokie%20

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Right, and they'll castrate right all over your team [Razz]
Jay
Member # 5786

They’re the ones who don’t want to play us anymore. Guess we were beating them to often!

Bunch of chickens!

Maryland has done the same thing to us and doesn’t want to play our in our long time rivalry anymore. Oh well. Guess we’ll have to find someone else to beat up on.

B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
They’re the ones who don’t want to play us anymore. Guess we were beating them to often!

Bunch of chickens!

Maryland has done the same thing to us and doesn’t want to play our in our long time rivalry anymore. Oh well. Guess we’ll have to find someone else to beat up on.

Who's your team?
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
After the way West Virginia manhandled Georgia last year, I think WV maybe under-ranked. Texas is over-rated, but even without Young their weak schedule should win them most of their games. AS much as I hate to admit it, I'd pu Florida in the top 5. Miami gets spanked by LSU in the bowl, loses its couching staff, and graduates a bunch of talent, and loses a key talent to suspension for the first game (against FSU) and they're ranked at 11? Not a chance. Noles at 10? Not sure about that, but the couches' faith is justified. GO NOLES!
Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jd2cly60
Member # 450

- posted      Profile for jd2cly60   Email jd2cly60         Edit/Delete Post 
USC may have lost lots of talent, but what Pete Carroll fosters is remarkable, his progam and philosophy makes that talent shine so well. We'll do at least as good as we did in the 2002 season and probably better. I expect a top four ranking at least, dunno if the national championship is in the cards until we see all the teams play, but the team will be impressive.
Posts: 622 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silent E
Member # 8840

- posted      Profile for Silent E   Email Silent E         Edit/Delete Post 
What? Only one Mountain West team?

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised. I didn't even expect TCU to be on the list. In fact, I have a hard time thinking of them as MWC, since they just joined last year, so it's almost like there are no MWC teams.

I have a feeling at least one more will crack the rankings before the year is out, and possibly much sooner.

Posts: 202 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.