FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Barnyard *spoilers*

Author Topic: Barnyard *spoilers*
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, what a letdown. Almost all the funny parts were in the preview. It was mercifully short. Of course I've seen that plot dozens of times, but at least they could have made it a tad more interesting.

Father takes in son.
Son grows into irresponsible lad.
Father dies due indirectly to son's irresponsibility.
Son freaks out, tries to run because he's not as strong as his dad.
Bad things happen, and son takes on fathers role. <cue Stan Bush, "The Touch">
Happlily ever after.

Was it just me, or was the whole pregnant widow cow just awkward?

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the movie, but what I don't get is why a MALE cow has an udder.

That movie looks retarded.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

Oh yeah, I forgot that. That was freaking disturbing.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw the preview for this I thought, how did anyone approve the money to get this trailer produced let alone the move. Then I saw the preview about the kid that accidentally makes a tech school. It could be worse, they could be making another rocky. Oh wait.

At least I have Snakes on a Plane..... [Wall Bash]

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you guys seen Hoodwinked? I don't know what version of MSPaint the makers of that movie used to create it, but it looks TERRIBLE. It has some of the worst computer animation I've ever seen.

But boy is it hilarious. As soon as I saw a few references to the Fletch movies, I thought "Yeah, this is definitely a movie I need to buy."

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Barnyard is in the running with The Ant Bully and the upcoming Creepy, Unconvincing CGI Penguins movie to beat Doogal for the record of worst CGI film ever. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks really stupid actually... The udder thing is driving me absolutely insane...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

The way the udders wiggle on the males is... hypnotizing. It just draws your eye, and leaves you dumb.

You know, it had potential. It really did.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Have you guys seen Hoodwinked? I don't know what version of MSPaint the makers of that movie used to create it, but it looks TERRIBLE. It has some of the worst computer animation I've ever seen.
The graphics actually weren't that bad. It was the animation that was horrid.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think it was that awful. (Re: Hoodwinked graphics/animation). It wasn't what we've become used to, but it was reasonable enough that I could take it as a style choice and not incompetence.

Regarding Barnyard, besides the tired plot, the movie had too much random silliness ("wild Mike" anyone?), and played like it was either written by a PC Committee, or by two inner-city pre-teens who've never been to a farm.

Still, it was by far not the worst animated movie I've seen, and I did actually LOL a couple of times.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

I laughed hardest when the pig nailed the farmer with the apple.

Karl, does PC stand for Pitiful Cartoon? [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.