FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Watermelon Festival this weekend!

Author Topic: Watermelon Festival this weekend!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's right! It's time once again for the Sunland-Tujunga Watermelon Festival!

Some of you may remember what happened at last year's festival.

They say they're having a category in the watermelon eating contest for ages 1 to 6 this year, unlike last year when I had to enter Ems with the 5 to 9 year olds, which is good-- Emma's in training this week. I give her a big slice of watermelon and cheer her on while she eats it. [Big Grin]

Anyone who is in the L.A. area and would like to meet us this Saturday, we'll be at the watermelon eating contest at 2 p.m. There's a bluegrass band on at 1, so we'll probably try to get there a little before that. [Smile]

Whether we see any of you or not, it's sure to be a blast. I'm excited!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh! Have so much fun. Go Emma! [The Wave]
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great time! *smile* Eat some watermelon for me!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh ketchupqueen, that's my first memory of you and Emma after I joined Hatrack!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, I wonder how much influence Emma had in creating the younger category... [Smile] She's a shoe-in, ya know.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!! When I saw the topic I knew what it was about. Go, Emma! Go! Can't wait for new pictures. Watermelon is nummy.
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember that thread from last year! I hope she does as well this year. Go Emma!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
That has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen... the chompin' and that outfit are too much! Thanks for sharing, ketchupqueen [Smile]
Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome. [ROFL]
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
How did this go?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
She got distracted by all the yelling and didn't go as fast as she could have. She was still awfully cute, though, and did insist on finishing the whole piece! I entered with the adults, with the goal of beating my brother, also in the running. And I did. [Big Grin] I made it into the first run-off, then placed fourth (not good enough for the finals, but respectable.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.