FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do i calculkate accreud interest?

Author Topic: How do i calculkate accreud interest?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
In the game of EU2 I as China sent the government of Sweden a player nation 500 ducates of gold as a loan at 2% interest over the first 10 years which i think added up to 100d so they would owe me 600 in total.

But we agreed for every year late +1% interest per year late.

He's 11 years late.

How do i calc interets for this? How much does he owe me? 11% of 600 more or 3%+4%+5% etc etc?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
How & when is the interest accrued? Is it simple or compound interest?
Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's something you like that you wouldn't tell your mother about, it's Accrued Interest.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

ok but do I charge just 11% for 11 years or each years interest all added up? I dont know squat.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How do i calculkate accreud interest?
I nominate this thread for the prestigious "most ridiculously misspelled title" award.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
You would need to look at your contract. Does the interest compound monthly, or yearly or not at all. It would all be there in the terms and conditions of your loan document. However, since this is just a game, the easest way would be to google an amortization table. There are dozens of them free on the net. Put the loan information in the way you think it should have been aggreed upon, and hit calculate. If you just want a "lets get on with it number" I am math challanged, but with my post graduate degree in Economics, I would suggest:
[{(500x1.02)x1.02}x1.02]x1.02...... for the ten years. The llth year use 1.03, the 12th year use 1.04 etc.

Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

kk thx
Krease
Member # 9536

- posted      Profile for Krease           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
I nominate this thread for the prestigious "most ridiculously misspelled title" award.
motion seconded.
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Giggles [ROFL]
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, it's only two letters off. An additional K and the e and u switched around. It looks funny but isn't really all that bad.

Now if it was "Howe do i cakluate ackrude entrist" I'd have to give it the nod.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about Blayne that makes people twitchy, I think, is that his misspellings generally arise out of laziness and disrespect for the rest of the community. He makes very few phonetic spelling mistakes like the ones in your example -- he's much more likely to have an extra letter or two or have letters switched around.

This, plus the fact that we've seen him come out with some long posts featuring near perfect grammar and spelling make it impossible to draw any other conclusion than that he just doesn't give a shit about readability or common courtesy.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.