FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Animaniac's/Pinky and the Brain- Vol. 1

Author Topic: Animaniac's/Pinky and the Brain- Vol. 1
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
So I got the DVD's of both series. I've so far watch a couple of episode of each.

Animaniac's first aired in 1993, when I was 8. I loved the show back then. There was a lot of stuff I didn't understand, but I did understand the plot and the simple jokes. I probably haven't seen an episode for about 7 years.

And now being 21 I realize just how brilliant this show is. There are plenty of jokes you'd have to be older to understand, and even then the simple jokes are still golden.

The show does have a lot of in references to things owned by WB Studios, and Steven Speilberg. This allows a huge range of jokes you can't find elsewhere, and a good number of parodies.

VP of WB: "Do you know how this studio stays alive?!"
Dr ScratchnSniff: "A lot of Mel Gibson movies?"
VP of WB: "Exactly."

This show has, among other things, amazing voice talent (wide list of characters, short list of voice actors).

As far as features go, not a terrible lot of them. There is a interview session between Maruice Lamarche (dude who did The Brain) and the rest of the cast of voice actors, which is worth watching, but as far as commentary per episode, no. I guess there isn't exactly a lot of features they could do anyway.

In any case, I highly recommend anyone get these. These are among the best animated series out there, and top of the game when it comes to comedy-animated.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
"A fork for eating pickled bass!"

I still listen to a cd I have of animaniacs music on road trips.

Countrys of the world. Amazing.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yako's rendition of "Modern Major General" had head on desk laughing. The songs are key.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
Animaniac's what?
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Their volume one.
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
Then wouldn't it be Animaniacs' ? And what about Pinky and the Brain's?

[Razz]

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Lindsay and I also bought volume one of Animaniacs and have been loving it. We pushed it onto Olivia's boys and now THEY love it too. Hooray! I transferred the series onto my ipod so I can watch episodes on my lunch break and during slow times of the day.

"Stupid Einstein Dummy Boy!"

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citadel
Member # 8367

- posted      Profile for citadel   Email citadel         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it have "Good idea, Bad Idea"?
Posts: 89 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, in fact it has one that nakes me laugh as much as the alpine skiing one from later seasons.

Good Idea: Feeding stray kittens in the park.
---
Bad Idea: Feeding stray kittens in the park, to a bear.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.