FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Catan fever!!

Author Topic: Catan fever!!
Tullaan
Member # 5515

- posted      Profile for Tullaan   Email Tullaan         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Settlers of Catan is popular with the folks on this site.

I've enjoyed it for a couple years now. We purchased Seafarers several months ago and love it.

We just bought Cities and Knights and have yet to play it yet.

My question is; Can you combine seafarers with cities and knights? Does it require some rule changes? Should we add a couple of points required to win? Are certain maps better than others?

I've done a lot of searching on the web and found mention of people combining and enjoying it. However, no one ever comments on modifications if they are needed.

On a side note, what hints and strategies are there specifically for Cities and Knights?

I want to have an advantage for our upcoming games. [Evil]

Thanks,

Zack

Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you can combine the two. Cities and Knights has a pirate ship that comes in and tries to set you all on fire a few times during the game. [Smile] It's my favorite way to play Settlers.

The best thing to do is to make sure you have a couple knights ASAP and keep them active. Those victory points start to add up as you defend the land from the marauders. You should also pay attention to your little flip board. Use the cloth, paper, and coin to flip those over so you can get more of those cards...what are they called? Well, you want them. Try not to trade those if you can help it, because as you get further down the stack on your flip board, you get to snatch resources for free and all sorts of other stuff. [Smile]

There's my 2 cents. have fun!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.