FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ID...Why?

Author Topic: ID...Why?
Dim
Member # 9672

- posted      Profile for Dim   Email Dim         Edit/Delete Post 
Please tell me if any of you here believe in the 'Intelligeint Design' "theory"? I just don't get it.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
Intellegent design is basically saying "the universe was created by something, just not god"
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't Feed The Trolls.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dim
Member # 9672

So you believe the Id theory goes along with the princibles of FSMism then.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dim
Member # 9672

Having a meaningful debate and exchange of ideas isn't Trolling
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Right. What you're doing is. Go look up the term.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Dim! Maybe go with the wording "Does anyone here believe in Intelligent Design? I'd like some clarification on these points: ____". Then list some points which show you've given it some thought and have some genuine interest. "I don't get it" does not spark a meaningful debate, nor does it exchange any ideas. We here believe in ID very strongly - Intelligent Discussion.

Well, most of us anyways [Wink]

Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here at the 'Rack.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Well put, Dr S. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of us here actually believe in Scientific Creationism. Go figure.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Because we don't want to serve alcohol to anyone under 21.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
*gives Dag a rimshot*
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
Very well done, Dr. Strangelove.

----
Edited to add:

quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
*gives Dag a rimshot*

*eyebrow raised
Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

*blinks...looks at what he wrote*

Oh, the puns!

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
*blinks...looks at what he wrote*

Oh, the puns!

Oh, for Pete's sake! You really intend for us to believe that that wasn't intentional?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

It wasn't intentional. Dag told a bad joke, my response was the rim shot...as in the drum flourish after a pun, sometimes in place of "wakka wakka".
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Dim, very few people here believe in intelligent design -- but even if they did, I promise very few people are going to put themselves forward for what seems a teenager eager to mock them for their religious beliefs.

Strangelove said it best. Ask for opinions, then disagree politely, and you'll have your best chances of conversion. Anything else amounts to masturbation.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It wasn't intentional. Dag told a bad joke, my response was the rim shot...as in the drum flourish after a pun, sometimes in place of "wakka wakka".
Huh. It's a rum go, you expecting us to believe that.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gwen
Member # 9551

- posted      Profile for Gwen           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course intelligent design is in line with the principles of Pastafarianism. Both believe that they have evidence (global-warming-pirate-related evidence in the case of the latter, equally well-designed statistical evidence for the former) which trumps the evidence for evolution through natural selection and the consensus of scientists. Both believe that equal time is an important part of science classroom discussions. Both have the support of various politicians and scientists and religious figures.
There are fundamental differences, however, like the lack of spaghetti of any kind in any argument of Dembski's or Behe's. And ID-ers generally don't celebrate Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, I'll have you know that I am acquainted with several "ID-ers" who celebrate TLAPD, thank you very much!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.