FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » First pictures of Transformers released.

Author Topic: First pictures of Transformers released.
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew the movie was going to look retarded, and this just cements it.

There was a live feed with two of the writers on Friday. They claimed that they wanted to keep the fans happy, blah blah blah blah.

Complete. Total. B. S. Look at these atrocities, Starscream doesn't even have HANDS!!!

Link

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldnt worry about all that so much Punjabee. It sorta reminds of purests who saw previews of LOTR:FOTR and complained that Peter Jackson didnt make the Balrog look right.

From what I have seen the designers are trying to make a new Transformers movie, that does not ignore that awesomness of the original, but still needs to be updated to todays culture.

I mean if we are going to be purists here, why is Optimus Prime even in the movie when we all though he died in the 80's?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

Well, the thing with the Balrog is different, while Tolkien might have described it, everyone had their own vision of what it looked like. I'm sure Mr. Card's Piggies from the Ender Saga look completely different in my vision, compared to yours.

Optimus Prime on the other hand - has 3 original series seasons, a movie, countless issues of comics, and a video game where he looks like this: Prime

That's not my version of Prime, it's not Tolkiens, and it's not Bay's. It's what prime looks like. To have the movie version be a DIFFERENT VEHICLE than the 'noseless mack', and have a "Hey hey I'm from the south! Lets play soem FREEBIRD!" paintjob is heresy.

By the by, the Balrog looked way better than I had imagined it.

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

Not to mention, that in those pics - there isn't a flat piece of metal ANYWHERE for the robots respecitve insignias.
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Optimus Prime died of prostate cancer.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Starscream looks retarded.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Optimus doesn't have enough to his robot form to justify not using the cab-over-engine style semi truck.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Link's dead. Did anyone save these images? [Frown]
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

I just went there, it's working.
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, first time I went it was fine. Now my company's computer is blocking the site.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

I have all of the pictures saved. If you want them, let me know your email addy, I have a 300k zip file with them in there. I can fire it off pretty quick.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PUNJABEE:
I can fire it off pretty quick.

More like lets get either StarCraft 2 out there or a SC movie so we can hear marine bats say, "Fire it up!"
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.