FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Terrorocracy

Author Topic: Terrorocracy
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tired of living in a Terrorocracy, where the person who scares us the best is the person who rules. Osama, HezBolah, Micheal Moore, Rush Limbaugh, Bush Haters, War Mongers, Putin, the Ayatohlah, the NSA, CIA, DOA..NO MORE FEAR.

The first politician who does not try to scare me will earn my vote.

The first statesman who offers hope will have my undieing support. But it must be a true hope, not just the hope of ending the fear caused by the tyrannies of the other side.

Right now the politicians and would be leaders either rule by the use of force, of by making us fear the "other" so much we will support whatever they do.

Safety VS Freedom, we are told, from both sides. Pick one or fear its loss. I don't want to fear the losss of either.

It started with AIDS. Before then the biggest salestool in our world was SEX. Then some ad man noticed people avoided sex when they were afraid. Aha! Fear was a more powerful sales tool than sex. In politics you can't really use sex much anyway. So now our political discourse is a round of who can panic whom the most?

Enough!

I look to hope.

I look to my son's eyes when he watches a butterfly.

I look to what we have built, and sung, and done, not as what can be destroyed, but as marvelous accomplishments that prove we, mankind, are possible of so much.

You may say I am walking with rose colored glasses blinding me. I say you are walking with blood colored glasses. Take them off and see the sunrise.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Right now the politicians and would be leaders either rule by the use of force, of by making us fear the "other" so much we will support whatever they do.

I listen to Rush Limbaugh...occasionally. I disagree with him a lot. I just think he is funny. He is a good entertainer--unlike Hannity who is so....ick, blah, redundant. Argh.

Anyway, Ditto-Heads annoy me. Rush amuses me. He also has one Rush-ism that I agree with: "Ours is a world ruled by force." It always has been; it always will be.

What bothers me so much so is how is it we can invest billions of dollars at the drop of a hat in a war but not have it to invest in alternative energy that would lessen our dependence on oil and get us out of the Middle East?

Why fight over energy? Why didn't we invest $308,000,000,000 in alternative energy research 6 years ago? Think how many wars we could have avoided.

Heck, why not even take 10 percent of the money we spent in Iraq and invest in energy research? /rant /rant

EDIT to take out double word and change 608,000,000,000 to 308,000,000,000--it was a a typo.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy
Member # 9384

- posted      Profile for Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In politics you can't really use sex much anyway.
Tell that to Kenneth Starr.
Posts: 87 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dan.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy:
quote:
In politics you can't really use sex much anyway.
Tell that to Kenneth Starr.
Yeah. He had first-hand experience with people insisting that something was about sex when it was actually about lying under oath.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.