FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prison Break: Manhunt (spoilers)

Author Topic: Prison Break: Manhunt (spoilers)
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone been watching this? I keep waiting for someone to make a thread about it.

Last season had some good parts. Sure, it got a little silly in places. But it had enough of the good stuff to keep me coming back.

So far there have been two episodes of the manhunt, and it's been astoundingly, jaw-droppingly lame.

First, there's the new FBI agent, who is clearly meant to be like Gerard from The Fugitive, except that he's so boring and one-dimensional I want to swallow my tongue whenever he's on. And he's got more psychic powers than the dude from The Dead Zone. One look at pin holes in a wall and he knows exactly what was on it. One look at an apartment with a balcony and he knows that the dude that lived there threw a hard drive with incriminating information into the river. But for some reason all of his divinations come about 2 minutes too late for them to do him any good.

The main characters' cunning plans this season seem to consist of doing whatever the hell they feel like, then running really fast when the cops show up. It's a good thing he put on some tattoos to remind him to run away from the police. What foresight.

And, of course, the silliest sub-plot of them all involves the southern pervert with his hand chopped off. I've seen more convincing writing in Ed Wood movies. An obvious fugitive walks into a vet's office with one hand, a couple liters of blood missing, armed with a screwdriver, and the vet is able to re-attach the hand, but is somehow confounded when trying to figure out how to escape from this guy? I hate to say that anyone deserves to die, but if that doctor couldn't find his way past the pervert's elaborate network of security, I can't feel too bad about his being weeded out of the fictional gene pool.

And I'm not even going to mention the part where a freshly re-attached hand only needs a couple of Frankenstein-esque stitches before it's immediately ready for action again.

I watched two episodes, and I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but if these are the best scripts Fox can lay their hands upon, maybe they'd be better off running another season of So You Think You Can Dance.

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.