FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Questions for Hatrack medicos

Author Topic: Questions for Hatrack medicos
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter had a little blister-like spot on her wrist a few days ago (I thought it was a bug bite she had scratched). We cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and put some neosporin and a bandaid on it. Today when I changed the bandaid there were tons of spots like it. She had another tiny blister on her tummy and two more on the other wrist that are just spots; not really blisters yet. She says it doesn't hurt or itch and she has had a chicken pox vaccine so it can't be that. She also has cold-like symptoms and a low grade fever and I have kept her home from day care since Monday when she threw up all over the floor just after we arrived. She doesn't act sick but that is not really unusual. She never does.

Is this related or are these two separate problems? Is this Impetigo or something else?

I already made a doctor's appointment for this afternoon.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a doctor, but my son got hand foot and mouth disease a while back, which has symptoms like that. Cold-like symptoms with fever, a rash with tiny blisters that center mostly around the mouth, hands and feet.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, you CAN have chicken pox even after the vaccine. It's just a lot less common.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Shingles? Again, I think the vacc woud protect you, but that's assuming it takes.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Back from the doc and the pharmacy ($65 prescription.. grrr!) and the vertict is impetigo.

She does not have any sores on her palms, in her mouth or on her feet and the symptoms did not start with a fever (as the CDC website indicates) so I think maybe this wasn't it. Hopefully anyway, since there is no treatment for that and she can take anibiotics for impetigo.

Thanks for you comments! [Smile]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.