FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New 'Fantastic Four' cartoon to premiere tomorrow...

Author Topic: New 'Fantastic Four' cartoon to premiere tomorrow...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
...at 8:00 PM on the Cartoon Network. With JLU and TT cancelled, I'm hoping this and the upcoming Legion 'toon will feed my animated super-team fix.

[ September 01, 2006, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I always felt bad for Reed Richards. That stretching has got to be one of the lamest super powers ever.

Oh no, Dr. Doom is attacking us! He's got super armor and he's shooting power beams, killing people left and right!

Never fear! I'll make my arm long and skinny and turn off the lights in that empty third-floor apartment. I'm flexing my power!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Reed compensated by being smarter than anyone else in the Marvel Universe.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

Oh, right. I remember that one time, when he was doing a really hard math problem, and all the criminals in the city turned themselves in to the police [Razz]

They should have called the team The Terrific Three, produced and directed by Reed Richards. [Wink]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
The plastic man has the best power. He can fit anywhere turn himself into almost anything. How is that lame? Sure it's like being a bean counter in a room full of artists but still it is a great power to have.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

You know who had cooler powers than Reed Richards? The Wonder Twins. That's right. One could turn into some dumb animal, and the other had to turn into water and get carried around in a bucket. At least that's something.

Reed was good at getting punched and stretching a long way so he didn't die.

I mean, I wouldn't want to be Thing, that's a difficult life, but at least he can clobber evil, as it were.

B34N
Member # 9597

I don't even remember the wonder twins. We're they part of the F4?

I would love to be Thing except for the whole looking like a pile of rocks thing but he could do some damage even if not intended.

Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

The Wonder Twins are DC comics, they hung out with Super Man, Aquaman, Hawk Man and Hawk Girl, Green Lantern and Batman and Robin (and sometimes a few moronic teenagers and their dog) on Saturday mornings.

They could only use their super powers when they could physically touch their rings together, so they were always getting into trouble because some bad guy would cage them up just out of reach of one another.

When they used their powers, they had to say, "Wonder Twin powers, ACTIVATE!"
"Shape of <some animal>!"
"Form of <something made of water/ice>!"

And there would be a flash of purple light, and there'd be a giraffe standing next to a ladder made of ice.

I swear some of the comic book writers were drunk.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Were the wonder twins ever in an actual comic book or were they just on Superfriends? I thought they got made up for the cartoon, like Marvin and Wendy (the aforementioned moronic teenagers).

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they were at least created for Superfriends.

In Earth X, Richards stretches his brain at one point, altering it in such a way that he becomes more intelligent. Kind of a goofy idea, but its a pretty novel use of his ability. Honestly, though, it isn't a bad ability to have at all--it provides a handy way of dealing with kinetic energy from blows, allows him to slip through cracks under doors, change lightbulbs with ease. Not bad stuff, really. There are heroes whose powers I'd rather have, but still, they're better than nothing.

I'm trying to decide what hero or villain from a serious print comic has the absolute lamest powers. I'll have to think about it a bit.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zan
Member # 4888

- posted      Profile for Zan   Email Zan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I swear some of the comic book writers were drunk.
And your powers are what exactly?

Form of rain cloud that will hang over MightyCow's head til the day he dies.

Posts: 221 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to say Bucky was pretty lame.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always up for getting some Fantastic Four play.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sort of disappointed by Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon. I mean how can you have the core Legion team and not have Cosmic Boy?
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Cosmic Boy will be in the show, just not as a core cast member.

Since Cos has been a "core" character in the comics for decades, I don't mind guys like Timber Wolf getting a chance to shine in the cartoon. [Smile]

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The Wonder Twins were introduced into the "mainstream" DC Comics in the mid-90s.

Marvin and Wendy weren't brought in until earlier this year.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I understand about Cos being a side player. I also don't mind Timber Wolf getting a chance. But Bouncing Boy? Bouncing Boy?! Blah, worst choice ever.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Chuck Taine rules!
B34N
Member # 9597

Did someone say Chuck Norris?
MightyCow
Member # 9253

quote:
Originally posted by Zan:
And your powers are what exactly?

Form of rain cloud that will hang over MightyCow's head til the day he dies.

Yes, and shape of seagull that flies around eating all my hotdogs and pooping on my head.

[Frown]

Palliard
Member # 8109

- posted      Profile for Palliard   Email Palliard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I always felt bad for Reed Richards. That stretching has got to be one of the lamest super powers ever.
You're just not imagining using it the way I'm imagining using it. *nudge nudge wink wink*

Addendum: and on the topic of the Fantastic Four, this is worthy, IMO, of perusal:

Doomsday

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.