FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » a friend of mine...

Author Topic: a friend of mine...
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
just had her first baby.

And I am SO proud. 12 minutes of pushing yielded a beautiful baby girl. Between my friend announcing her pregnancy and the actual birth, I had moved over 800 miles away. I was bummed - but she just sent me the first pictures.

I really was there in the room with her!!! She had our picture up... that's pretty cool. What's even cooler, is that I get to lay my own eyes on Skylar next Friday when I go back to my homestate.

No other reason for this topic than I'm totally stoked everything worked out healthy/whole/happy for everyone and my own excitement for getting to meet the newest addition next week...

10 fingers, 10 toes.

YEAH!

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Twelve minutes?! She must be wonderwoman! [Smile]

Many congratulations to everyone involved!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Skylar is one of my favoritest names in the world. I also like Skye.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Twelve minutes of pushing for a first baby is very impressive. She's either an extremely efficient pusher, or the baby was relatively small. Or momma gots good birthin' hips. [Big Grin]

Congrats to your friend, and enjoy your new "niece"! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
YEAH!!!! Spent all day last Friday with the two of them and the new Grandmother (I'm actually not sure what they're calling her). She is a little peanut and they've decided that's her nickname. Sort of cute - they have this fancyshmancy soundmaker that attaches to the corner of the crib and you can record a song in addition to all the pre-recorded ones it comes with... they picked that 'found a peanut, found a peanut, found a peanut on the floor...' to put on. The kid actually digs it!! Well, as much as a 9 day old digs anything other than sleeping, eating and pooping. I was bummed I didn't get to see the new Dad - he was stuck at work all day.

One thing I'm bummed about is how far away I am. Sara (my friend) lives in MA. Her Mom lives in FL and headed back on Saturday. Sara's really bummed about her going and to be honest doesn't have that great of a support network. A lot of her friends that are near by are in single party mode and she's got the little one and her husband's daughter who's 10 moved in with them a week before the baby was born (her mother's not a good role model at all, read: moved 6 times in 1 year and every time she's started a new school year it's been in a different district and they'd been working for a while to get that done). HUGE changes for her - time to be a grown up for REAL. I know I can call her/email her/all that type stuff, but it's just not the same as being able to pop in on my way home from work for a quick hug...

Anyway - just wanted to say that I got to kiss, hug, look at, stare at while she's sleeping, mess with her feet while she's laying there, see her make some crazy expressions, etc etc etc the newest addition to our Family of Friends!!! YEAH!!

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a senior at our school last year named Skylar. Besides being probably the most buff person in school, he was also one of the nicest or coolest people I've ever met. So if name indicates anything, Skylar won't let your friend down.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.