FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » September 11th (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: September 11th
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe we should honour the people lost at 9/11 but not kitchify it for political purposes. (listened to the best radio show the other day.)
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess in my opinion, there were other options for those who did not want to watch 9/11 rebroadcasts. But we are free to choose and remember how we want. I always want that memory fresh in my mind, so I watched the rebroadcasts. My wife becomes very disturbed by the rebroadcasts, so she sat in the other room and watched other things. I am not saying a person who watched is wrong, nor am I saying the person who didn't watch is wrong. We are in America and we need to be willing to celebrate the fact that we have the option to watch a rebroadcast or not watch it. To me it was amazing to see how sureal it was the first time I watched it compared to watching the rebroadcast. For example, after the first plane had hit and they were stating that it must have been a smaller private aircraft, I was looking at the hole in the building thinking how could we have thought a small plane would do that.
Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GodSpoken
Member # 9358

- posted      Profile for GodSpoken           Edit/Delete Post 
I did/do watch it. I think there is value in looking again without the shock, and remembering what has happened since that time with a better perspective.

Most adults have "done" something with those events in their minds and hearts. Some have done good things, most have done other. For those who were children when it happened, it may not hold as much personal growth value, but certainly in the future it will have historical value.

For those who were adults, we need to remember and learn.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.