FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » the price of looking cheap

Author Topic: the price of looking cheap
Princesska
Member # 8954

- posted      Profile for Princesska           Edit/Delete Post 
All I wanted was a brow wax, just enough to make two distinct eyebrows. And one of my nails cracked before I walked in, so I wondered if the salon could mend it, since I rather liked the length of my (unpolished and rarely decorated) nails.

$15 wax and $5 nail wrap. No more, no less.

I was having a good hair day and a trim probably wouldn't occur to me until the rattiness is obvious from a mile away. But somehow the stylist managed to make me see split ends. And though I have a perfectly good bottle of clear polish at home, the nail wrap became a full manicure.

I walked out $48 lighter. And my hands look overdone like a stripper's.

...@#$!?

Posts: 44 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, you are a woman of means. [Smile]

Edit : Well, you were, anyway. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
"Where have you been hiding out lately, honey? You can't dress trashy 'til you spend a lot of money."
Seems like the piano man got it right... [Wink]
But I do sympathise with your plight. Strength to you.

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
No worries, you are a woman of means. [Smile]

Edit : Well, you were, anyway. [Big Grin]

Well, if she looks like a stripper she now has the means to make more means, right?

(sorry) [Blushing]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.