FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » X5-452 Vs. River Tam

Author Topic: X5-452 Vs. River Tam
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got done watching Serenity again, and it got me to wonder, who would win if these two (Max Guiverra and River Tam) ever faught each other.

I know they live centuries apart, and who can guess how far apart they are in distance, but they were both basically assassins/soldeirs made by their respective governments.

So who do you think would win?

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Would River be more willing to fight dirty?
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I would.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...River can read her mind. River would totally school her.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The real question is which one could defeat Ditka.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
River is a spaceship, and she can kill you with her brain.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
wait, is this a full sized Ditka or a mini-Ditka?
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
River versus James Tiberius Kirk
Now that's a real battle

Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
How about I just have Jayne shoot whoever that other one is, and River and I go have a few drinks in the hot tub? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Jayne and River are the perfect couple.
River hears what everyone thinks, Jayne doesn't think, so she would have some nice peace and quiet when they were alone.

Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Jayne thinks plenty. What he thinks isn't anything that he can say out loud without being slapped or arrested. [Wink]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm certain that if the two of them were going to be in a room alone (that is, Max and River), fighting is the last thing I'd want them to do. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
I think Jayne thinks plenty. What he thinks isn't anything that he can say out loud without being slapped or arrested. [Wink]

Since when has that stopped him?
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
I just fiugured with as fast and strong as Max is, she might have a shot against River. I realize it wouyld be hard to fight a mind reader, but River would still have to be faster than Max for it to help her any. This is ofcourse assuming River doesn't just kill Max with her mind.
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Companion_in_Training
Member # 9686

- posted      Profile for Companion_in_Training   Email Companion_in_Training         Edit/Delete Post 
Considering their histories, I think they'd team up and take on the government.

"Girls kick ass; says so on a t-shirt." Max

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:

What if the Name of the hurric...err River is "River Ditka?"
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is ofcourse assuming River doesn't just kill Max with her mind.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but River never actually kills anyone with her mind, right? At least, not in the literal Darth Vader Force-choke kind of way. I always took that comment to be her messing with Jayne.

Regardless, River's willingness to use firearms gives her an edge. Also, to my knowledge, Max has never wielded an axe.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Quote from River in Firefly:

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."

River would win. No, we never see her kill anybody with her brain, but I think it's safe to assume she COULD.

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:

Regular Ditka, or Hurricane Ditka?
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
No, we never see her kill anybody with her brain, but I think it's safe to assume she COULD.
I don't think so.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.