FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For those who would welcome a Life of Dave update...

Author Topic: For those who would welcome a Life of Dave update...
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
2 Juicy Tidbits for any of those who have known me here:

1) - I will be serving a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (I'm 24, and a convert of 2.5-ish years). I will be serving in the Washington, Seattle Mission (Spanish Speaking), and will be reporting on November 15.

2) - I'm engaged (!!!). And to a girl who will also be serving a mission during the same period that I will be. So the general question as to 'will she wait' becomes much more of a moot point *grin* - She got the ring (and roses) on Saturday morning. We've known our plans for a while, but were waiting for her to have the Shiny Rock on her finger before we made it public.

Surprise [Big Grin]

[ September 18, 2006, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Taalcon ]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So the general question as to 'will she wait' becomes much more of a moot point
Except for those scary six months. [Wink]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
3 months before, 3 months after - still dangerous, but hopefully the Shiny Rock will discourage people from trying anything. And if not...for SHAME!

Either way, I'm not very worried [Smile]

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Congratulations, and good luck!
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations David! On both the mission and the engagement. (took me a bit to realize the exclamation marks were a link to a photo).

Sounds like life is good for you right now. Praises!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Congrats!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Congratulations! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey man, Congratulations. I wish you both the best of luck in your missions and your marriage. Hooray!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for this thread! I already told you on the phone, but congrats again! So excited!
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Woo! Congratulations!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HegemonsAcolyte
Member # 1468

- posted      Profile for HegemonsAcolyte   Email HegemonsAcolyte         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to PM this to you, but I cannot find that function here.. I actually went and found my SN and stuff just to post this *I had no idea what SN and stuff I had here*

In any case, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Firstly, I am so happy that you are going on a mission. I know how much that meant to you and I am ecstatic that you are getting the chance to do it. I am sure you will love it and naturally I will be around when you get back.

Secondly, I am also extremely happy for your engagement. I don't know the girl, but I do know you and I know that she has truly lucked out by finding herself an honorable, decent and respectable man.

Congratulations and good luck.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Member # 3733

- posted      Profile for Q           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Taal!
Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Sweet! I'm happy for you both.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.