FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Home from hospital--- no longer conjoined

Author Topic: Home from hospital--- no longer conjoined
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been following the herrin twins website, and it sounds like they are doing fabulous, and came home from the hospital a couple days ago.

http://www.herrintwins.com/photos.htm

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
that's great news [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad they are doing well, and I'm sure their futures are all the better for it.

I wonder though, do you think it was at all sad for them? I mean, if being conjoined was all they ever knew, being separated might be kind of traumatic, ya know? I wonder if they are in kind of therapy or counseling or something. [Dont Know]

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
They only have one leg apeice, though. And now one of them doesn't have a kidney. And they'll never be able to walk normally now. Crutches forever, if they can manage that. I keep wondering if they should have done it. But then I think, I'd rather have the autonomy of being single than be able to walk. But then they WERE used to that existance for four years. So my thoughts keep going around in circles.

Their blog and news reports said they were quiet and lonely the days after surgery and really perked up when they were allowed to stay in the same bed. No counselling that I know of, but they've only just come out of the hospital.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.