FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spaceballs: The Animated Series

Author Topic: Spaceballs: The Animated Series
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
'Spaceballs' to become TV cartoon

quote:
Like the 1987 movie, which parodied well-known science-fiction movies, "Spaceballs: The Animated Series" will spoof current blockbusters as well as every genre of entertainment from movies and reality TV to culture and politics.

It is set to debut on cable network G4 in fall 2007. Production has already started on an initial batch of 13 episodes.

[Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Um... I love the movie, but I'm not sure I'll like a cartoon.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, they are gonna ruin my memories.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Mel is capable of either direction.

I am willing to hope it will turn out to be hilarious, Ill certainly watch the pilot, Spaceballs: The Movie made me laugh enough that I can give Mel that much. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least I know he's competent at voicing an animated character (I've been watching Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks with my daughter occasionally, when the writing for his character is decent he does quite well with the voice-acting.) But yeah, it's one of those things that could go either way.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
>.<
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
this should be pretty cool.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

Will Dark Helmet be in it?

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for the "Strange Brew" animated series...

Why do they insist on destroying works of art? Can't they just create a new concept instead of re-hashing a 20 year old movie?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Long live the mighty Spaceball Empire!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, THIS I think I'll like.

Short of a new age MST3K that makes fun of current movies and shows, I will settle for this.

I don't really see it as rehashing. It's going to be a parody show. Mel and others have been making parodies for decades. Just because he chose an old medium to do it in doesn't really make it less original, it all depends on what he does with it once it starts.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Mel Brooks has yet to fail to make me laugh in any endeavor of his I've seen which is intended to do so. I'll let him take a shot at it, and expect to continue laughing [Smile]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.