FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Death Cab for Cutie question (rabbit sketch book)

Author Topic: Death Cab for Cutie question (rabbit sketch book)
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite Death Cab for Cutie video is the one they created for I Will Follow You Into the Dark.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the artwork from the sketchbook? [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
No clue. Great song though. Just when I was about to give up on Rock/Alternative (whatever you call it these days) I hear that song on the radio.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Yeah, that's a hard song to categorize. It sort of reminds me of Bob Dylan, actually.

I'm going to see Death Cab and Jenny Lewis at the Bren Center in December. I'm SO excited! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

I bet you are. You should try getting on the band's message board and ask your question there.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually really, really underwhelmed by that video. It's one of my least favorite DCfC videos, and definitely my least favorite off of Plans, followed shortly by the one for What Sara Said.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with erosomniac. That video was just okay. I love the song though. I stopped listening to the radio about a year ago, unless it's Prairie Home or some Golden Age of radio Jack Benny kind of stuff, so I had no idea that "I'll Follow You Into the Dark" was on the radio.

The whole reason I fell in love with DCfC was because I saw the video for "Soul Meets Body" at, like, two in the morning on MTV. I absolutely adored it: the song, and the video with the sad little music notes floating around. [Smile]

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't really know Death Cab was getting radio play of any kind nationwide - hard to tell, since they've ALWAYS gotten major radio play here in Seattle. [Wink]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

Well I've never heard it on anything besides WRNR out of Annapolis, MD. But they are an independent station.
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard them on the radio in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Ithaca, so yeah I think they do.
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
The alternative station in Tucson played them.

By the way, which station in Pittsburgh? I can pick up a few from there, and it would be nice to have something other than classic rock to listen to in the car.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

According to iTunes, they are on the playlist for KROQ (LA alternative station).

Thanks Stephen, I will definitely try that. [Smile]

If I hear anything, I'll let you guys know.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.