FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » No more wisdom teeth for me

Author Topic: No more wisdom teeth for me
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I got my 4 wisdom teeth taken out yesterday.

They gassed me for it, since 2 were impacted. I was asleep for part of it, but even when I was "awake" I was zoned out, and felt nothing.

Today I am a bit sore, and have no appetite...but it is not all that bad.

Does it get worse as the day goes on?

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Carry tissues around, you never know when your ears and eyes will spout out blood.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate you.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
BB: Wow, I hate it when that happens.

Lupus: My worst side effect was getting sick of the taste of my own blood. I felt icky for a few days but nothing that kept me out of work.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

My worst side effect was having half my face infected. Oh yes, and the searing pain.

Get off my lawn! [Grumble]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayelle
Member # 9745

- posted      Profile for Jayelle           Edit/Delete Post 
My worst side effect was that my face swelled up like a chipmunk. Then when the swelling went down it was all bruised, causing people to ask "Did you get punched?"

That and the pain.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

And the extra tissue that has grown into my mouth as a result of the infection which may require laser surgery in a couple of weeks.

-pH

Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
*a bit gross**

Though I have my first odd side effect. I've got something hanging down from where one of my my upper teeth was. It might be dried blood or something...it is red, but it might be skin. I can't really tell...it doesn't hurt at all, but it is nasty.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

It's probably skin, I don't think dried blood would stay like that. You could probably call your dentist and ask. I've been a thorn in my dentist's side since I had mine out; he deserves it for putting me through medieval torture. [Razz]

-pH

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with pH. Get off my lawn.

Though, mine did get worse as time went on. Days 3-5 were probably the worst, though it may have been only due to my dry sockets. My jaw still hurts occasionally, 3 weeks later.

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Lupus - don't mess with it (the hanging down thingie)! It might be the clot and a dry socket is when that comes out. Dry socket = worst pain I've ever felt. Avoid at all costs!!!
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

Yeah- definitely no messing with anything that might be a clot. The pain from my two dry sockets was so bad that I was practically in tears (and no, I'm not a total wimp [Wink] ).
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Dry sockets are the devil. I had to page my dentist today, and he's out of town, so he can't re-dress the offending socket until tomorrow.

But God bless dentists who will fix you on the weekends. And liquid lortab.

-pH

Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I only have three, and my dentist says I've got time to waste until they have to come out. I've been preparing a big surprise party for myself for when the magic time comes.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Lupus, I suggest you accept all offers the doctors give you for prescription painkillers. I declined on my last visit, partly because I was afraid that my Hot Asian Pharmacist(tm) would think I was a junkie. And now I regret it, since I should not have to ration my painkillers when I am in terrible pain. [Mad]

-pH

Jeni
Member # 1454

pH - They had to redress mine so many times that they basically gave up and got me my very own syringe of clove oil so I could squirt some in whenever. It seriously disturbed my tastebuds, but it was nice not to have to worry about the dressings wearing off.
pH
Member # 1350

The clove stuff tastes way better than the infection which is constantly draining into my mouth. Which tastes like a combination of mildew and gasoline.

Minty, clovey goodness.

-pH

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.