FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » More deaths blamed on bad spinach.

Author Topic: More deaths blamed on bad spinach.
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Link to CNN story

My daughter is a friend of the mother of the Idaho toddler. This is so sad...

[Cry]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok HONESTLY not trying to be insensitive but,

"2-year-old boy became ill September 15 after eating spinach smoothie"

I'd probably kill myself before downing one of those.

what about you folks?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the impression that it was a fruit smoothie with some spinach added, probably for nutrient value. I know I used to sneak vegetables into my children's food when they were small.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno about you guys, but reading this made me kind of irritated and cynical. (Emphasis mine)

quote:
Kyle's mother, Robyn Algood, said the family has "been through all the range of emotions: the grief, the sadness, the guilt, some anger. ... We know God called him home," she told KSL-TV.(Watch grieving parents search for answers -- :32)
WHUUUUT. Also, where did this e. coli come from? I don't want some tinfoil hat answer like 'the government' or 'terrorists' either. [Mad]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who got hit by e. coli from spinach. Fortuately, she didn't get super-sick and is OK now.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
What is Popeye going to do?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
One of our neighbors told us that we shouldn't be growing spinach in our garden because it was poisonous. [Roll Eyes]

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by theCrowsWife:
One of our neighbors told us that we shouldn't be growing spinach in our garden because it was poisonous. [Roll Eyes]

"Spinach"... Is that what you call it? Riiiiight...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Funny:
I have a friend who got hit by e. coli from spinach. Fortuately, she didn't get super-sick and is OK now.

Me, too. My friend must have been one of the first people to fall ill, too, because it was a while ago...but the doctors now think that's what caused her sickness. They weren't able to figure it out before the tainted spinach outbreak. She has a serious immune condition, so we're lucky that she recovered and is doing almost as well as she was beforehand.

It's creepy!

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.