FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The great SAVE APEX DIGEST Raffle

Author Topic: The great SAVE APEX DIGEST Raffle
Alethea Kontis
Member # 9755

- posted      Profile for Alethea Kontis   Email Alethea Kontis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everybody!

You might recognize Apex Digest from the link on OSC's homepage.

Wonderful, all-around-super-nice Apex Editor Jason Sizemore is having a problem with his printer and...long story short...he needs new subscribers to make some moolah for the mag.

Well...a bunch of us whippersnappers got together to try and help ol' Jason out.

From the Official SAVE APEX DIGEST Website:
http://saveapex.maryrobinettekowal.com/

Once upon a time when someone needed help, people chipped in by throwing a rent party in their home or putting on a play. Now, instead of, “My uncle’s got a barn,” we’re saying, “I’ve got a website.”

This is how we’re helping Apex Digest. An old fashioned raffle with amazing prizes. It’s very simple. Look through the donated prizes and press the “Enter Drawing” link for the ones you are interested in. Once in the shopping cart you can select how many “tickets” you want to put into each item’s hat. Tickets are a dollar each. That’s nothing, right? You can afford that.

On Friday, September 29th, we’ll draw names and hand out the prizes.

Thank you for helping support Apex Digest. And do check back for new prizes, as good folks are continuing to donate goodies!!

Some of the items being raffled off:

A signed print of Burning Names by Alex McVey (8.5 X 11 in. acid-free archival quality print)

Have a story edited by Beth Wodzinski of Shimmer Magazine

Have a story edited by Jason Sizemore

A signed first edition hardcover of The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

A signed Midnight Syndicate t-shirt plus stickers

Copy-edited manuscript of Ben Bova’s novel, Titan

6 issue subscription to the signed limited Clarkesworld Magazine chapbooks

Philip K. Dick Award Winner M.M. Buckner - Signed Set of Hyperthought, Warsurf, and Neurolink

Kevin Anderson - Resurrection, Inc. - Signed limited Edition. (list price is $45.00), also a signed copy of Hopscotch

F. Paul Wilson - The Tery: Definitive Edition - rare advance proof (only 1 of 50) that comes with a signed book plate by Mr. Wilson

Jack Ketchum - Offspring - the sequel to Off Season - a rare Signed Publisher’s Copy. (list price is $45.00)

Geoffrey Girard - signed Tales of the Atlantic Pirates, signed Tales of the Jersey Devil

An autographed copy of AlphaOops by Alethea Kontis

A copy of Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Sherrilyn Kenyon has generously donated three copies of this, so we’ll be drawing three names from this hat.)

An autographed copy of A House Divided, signed by Deborah LeBlanc

Brian Keene - signed Terminal, The Conqueror Worms, The Rising and City of the Dead

Enter the drawing to have Mary Robinette Kowal record your answering machine message. (You have GOT to check out the raffle site and hear the samples...they will knock your socks off!!)

I would like to thank all the authors and editors and artists...EVERYONE who has donated items to the raffle.

I also tip my hat to Mary Robinette Kowal and the unofficial committee who banded together to get this raffle up and running!

Now I've got to go buy some tickets so I can beat Mary to that signed, first edition hardcover of Mary Doria Russell's The Sparrow....

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Beaten to the punch! I was just about to come post about this [Smile]

There are some really neat things in the raffle, and tickets are only a dollar. Apex is one of the best small-press spec-fic magazines out there, and I for one would hate to lose it.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary Robinette Kowal
Member # 8388

- posted      Profile for Mary Robinette Kowal           Edit/Delete Post 
At this point, I have to say that even if you don't have an interest in Apex, if you like Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror you should swing by the raffle. Each ticket costs a dollar, which means that for a dollar you could win something really cool.

I started the raffle with fifteen items. By the end of the day yesterday the donations had risen to over forty items. I just added ten new items today to the raffle. If you've been by the raffle site once already, you should swing back by to look at the new stuff. It's amazing.

-Have your fiction edited by Nancy Fulda, associate editor at Baen's Univers.
-Have a story edited by Eugie Foster
-A signed copy of Eugie Foster’s chapbook, Inspirations End/Still My Beating Heart.
-1 signed CD of Xyanide O.S.T by Alex Otterlei
-A copy of Troy by Simon Brown, published by Ticonderoga Publications.
-A signed copy of Slaine by Steve Savile due out December 12.
-A signed copy of Headstone City by Tom Piccirilli.
-A necklace from Multifarious Reverie’s line of hand-cast pewter jewelry, with the recipient’s choice of stone
-Postmortem Productions has donated 1 custom screen-printed (M, L, or XL) black T-shirt with any quote or saying saying, chosen by the winner.
-A signed copy of Dusk Before the Dawn by Larry Ketchersid.

Come by! See the rest! And please help spread the word about this astonishing raffle.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it says something about me that every time I read this title, I see "sex" and "raffle."

And I wonder, "Do I really want to know what a sex raffle is? [Eek!] "

Now I will look into it, since it is not, in fact, a sex raffle.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Sex raffle: Swingers with winners.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HegemonsAcolyte
Member # 1468

- posted      Profile for HegemonsAcolyte   Email HegemonsAcolyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I think that as long as the prizes are good, a sex raffle is a great idea.
Posts: 74 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alethea Kontis
Member # 9755

- posted      Profile for Alethea Kontis   Email Alethea Kontis         Edit/Delete Post 
Sex raffle...hah!

Have you gone in and listened to Mary Robinette Kowal's samples for answering machine messages? (You can enter for a chance to have her record your answering machine message, or the story of your choice [up to 2500 words])

One of those made ME blush. [Smile]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alethea Kontis
Member # 9755

Just a reminder -- the deadline for buying your raffle tickets is 11:59 GMT this Thursday, September 28th.

There have been new things added since you last looked -- check it out!
http://saveapex.maryrobinettekowal.com/

Thank you to all who have stopped by already and spread the word...SF Ghetto Unite! [Smile]

docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I won one of the Diane Goettel edits. Anybody else win anything?
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.