FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's tough to be a billionaire (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's tough to be a billionaire
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
By the way, how the hell did you pay $400 in Montana? I shared a three-story townhouse in Columbus, OH that was literally across the street from OSU, and I paid only $300. I can't believe Montana is a more competitive real estate market.

(And where are you paying $800?)

I'm surprised by your surprise. $400 was for a small apartment in Helena. $800 was for a slightly larger place in Salt Lake City. Since then, I've moved to Oregon -- but the rent here is similar. $775 for a place larger than my apartment in Montana, but smaller than in Salt Lake.

Not that it matters, but you wanted to know....

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
That's weird. I've certainly never run into any problem carrying $134billion across the border.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

A 557-foot yacht with bulletproof windows, armoured master suite, anti-missile defenses, two helipads (with copters), and a private submarine (which can double as an escape pod)... The perfect gift for those who never gave up their childhood fantasy about growing up to become an evil overlord.
And all for a mere half-billion dollars.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

The name is Bonds, Kennedy Bonds.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.