FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Guess Who Was the Victim of a Hit & Run...

Author Topic: Guess Who Was the Victim of a Hit & Run...
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
If you guessed me, than you're right. Hooray!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
How bad? And glad you're okay...
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch. What happened?
Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they get them? You're posting so I assume you're ok. How bad are you?
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, did you delete the thread where you were supposed to answer questions and find out if you were a jatraquero or not? I need it.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
breyerchic- No, I don't think so. I believe the title of the thread was "SteveRogers, Come on Down!"

The guy just hit the back of the van I was driving. I didn't get injured, but I was stupid enough to assume that he would obey the law. So, by the time I'd gotten out of the car, he'd driven off and I didn't get his license plate number. Which really sucks.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
That does not make for a good day, I am glad you weren't hurt physically.

Was any damage done to your van?

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you describe the car that hit you?

As someone who occasionally drives through your neck of the woods, I want to clear myself completely.

It wasn't me.

I wasn't there.

Nope, nowhere near there at the time--

um

when and where was it?

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I was the victim of a parking lot hit and run last year. I parked next to this gigantic, white san jose city truck (No, I didn't know what department but it looked like a hummer turned pick up truck) and when I came back out there was a huge dent in the side of my car with white paint on it.

I prolly shoulda made a big deal about it and called the city and screamed and such... maybe gotten them to fix it... but I think it would have cost me more in time and grief than it was worth.

I'm glad you're ok, Steve [Smile]

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
breyerchic- No, I don't think so. I believe the title of the thread was "SteveRogers, Come on Down!"

The guy just hit the back of the van I was driving. I didn't get injured, but I was stupid enough to assume that he would obey the law. So, by the time I'd gotten out of the car, he'd driven off and I didn't get his license plate number. Which really sucks.

It's happened to me, but in reverse.

I was driving on a rain slicked road when I didn't brake in time and slammed in to *something* in front of me. Demolished the front end of my car. As the air bag subsided, I gathered what's left of my senses and got out of the car, I was all alone on the road. The vehicle I hit, rather hard I might add, vanished and was never heard from again.

Part of me is thankful because that caused the case to be dismissed and my insurance company to be much more cooperative because, if he ain't there, it's his fault (at least legally). But I'm troubled about how someone would simply leave a scene without having any idea of how injured the people in the other car might be, even if it was the other car's fault.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Part of me is thankful because that caused the case to be dismissed and my insurance company to be much more cooperative because, if he ain't there, it's his fault (at least legally). But I'm troubled about how someone would simply leave a scene without having any idea of how injured the people in the other car might be, even if it was the other car's fault.
The person most likely did not have insurance. Even if it was your fault, most states prosecute driver's without insurance pretty harshly if they are in an accident. Sometimes even worse than drunk driving penalties.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.