FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Winers of the Nobel Prize in Physics Announced

Author Topic: Winers of the Nobel Prize in Physics Announced
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
So I just found out that my physics professor was co-awarded the Nobel Prize today. I haven't had time to look at his prize-wining work in much detail, but it seems to have some pretty interesting implications regarding the origins of the universe and the Big Bang theory. Needless to say I think I should probably stop skipping his class [Wink] .
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time the award for blackbody radiation got given. [Cool]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
"But, but, but I deseeerve the Nobel Prize. Come on, guys. Please?"

[Razz]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
I get it storm.
Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite Nobel story so far this year.
quote:
Mello told a news conference that his wife answered first and then hung up, thinking it was a crank call. When the phone rang again, "My wife said, 'It's a crank call, don't get it,' " he said.

"I said they are announcing the Nobel Prize. I better pick it up. So I answered the phone, and I think my first words were, 'You've got to be kidding.' "

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't sound like he's wining to me.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite Nobel Prize winner for physics so far is David Gross just because I saw a lecture by him. I have met several, and they all seem really down to earth.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.