FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Does anyone know how to rip movies off of youtube?

Author Topic: Does anyone know how to rip movies off of youtube?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well I kinda wanna be able to watch and show off these music videos but youtube and google video for some inexpliocible reaosn are blocked.

examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nSQ9oJ6rIE&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkMEvk3nj2o&mode=related&search=

Awesome vids.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
...asks the copmuter science student...

...on a forum that has rules against this kind of thing, as indeed do most forums.

Oh, the humanity.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, I mean this in all seriousness: the next time you feel the impulse to do something like this, LOOK FOR A JOB instead.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Firefox has video download extensions specifically for Youtube.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*is very confused* *shrugs and wanders off*
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in Gui Lin China and on a bus taking us to the top of a very pretty mountain to a Buddhist monestary.

They played videos like this on the bus's TV and PTA system the ENTIRE ride. My father translated all the subtitles as they sang and it was half halarious half pathetic.

Some highlites

"The vision of Chairman Mao, melts the frost on the hearts of the youth."

"Who can compare to our beloved chairman, his influence spreads throughout the entire earth, who can deny the perfectness of Mao school of thought."

----

They sang songs over staged WW2 scenes where the communists threw perfectly lobbed grenades at the Japanese and the KMT sat around glutting themselves off the food of the masses.

If we are to believe the communist, we need only arm our soldiers with grenades and get Steve Young, Dan Marino, possibly Peyton Manning for a more modern school of thought, to coach them all.

Legions of the enemy will muddle into one convenient mass and the well placed grenade will massacre them all. Think of all the money and lives saved!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does anyone know how to rip movies off of youtube?
You could probably buy a video camera and point it at your monitor with YouTube on the screen... [Wink]
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

AFAIK ripping movies off of youtube is not like ripping DVD's and can be downloaded I just dont know how people do it.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually wish I knew how to do this as well.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonepowell
Member # 1600

- posted      Profile for jasonepowell   Email jasonepowell         Edit/Delete Post 
This is going to be a very novel solution, but hang on to your hat, as it's CARAZY!

First, open up a web browser. Go to Google.

Then, type in the EXACT QUESTION YOU POSE IN THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD.

Finally, see results in Google. Something there should be able to help. I could see at least 4-5 promising answers.

Posts: 1281 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

gasp thatll destory the universe as we know it.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you an answer via e-mail.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

thanks.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That Chinese Women's Army video was surreal.

'We're pretty and tough...now here's a dance!'

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I can just see the first hit on jep's suggestion...

"it doesn't do anything!"

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
I got this info from a friend but I have not tired yet

http://video.qooqle.jp/dl/
Punch in the URL of a YouTuber video you want to copy, and it will create a download link to the file itself.
They download as .flv files - Flash video. You'll need a standalone player to run them - here's a free one.
http://applian.com/flvplayer/index_martijn.php
Click and download the FLV Player at the bottom of the page.

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.