FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » One voter's dilemma (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: One voter's dilemma
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Why? Because he's pro-choice and pro-civil union?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That's part of it, yes. Republicans don't win without the Evangelical Christians, White Men, and Soccer Moms.

Recent polling data has shown they will not have a majority of soccer moms in the midterms. Rudy Giuliani, between his marrital infidelities (which make Clinton look like a priest), and his position on gay marriage and abortion will make Evangelicals consider conservative democrats. At best they'll stay home. And they can kiss soccer moms good bye in two years too.

Not sure what the white men will do, but they'll respect his strength I suppose, and the vote will hold for them, but as an individual group they will NOT be enough to get him elected.

I hope he does run. If he makes it, I agree with more of his politics than almost any other Republican, but chances are impressively good that almost any Democrat will be him.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
http://tinyurl.com/y9azph

Nice little bill authored and introduced by Pelosi. If the Dems fight for this, I think it will reflect well on them.

The previous version introduced by Hastert croaked, but given that a change of power is coming, perhaps this one will pass. One can hope.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
If that actually happens I will love the newly elected Speaker with a love so rare it can only be found in awfully written teenagers' blogs.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.