FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My brother has cancer. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My brother has cancer.
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Will do, pH.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Astaril:
Here's hoping he recovers well. At least it's good news that they think they got it all. Will he have a glass eye? My shop teacher had one, and he said it wasn't too hard to adjust to when he first got it, so hopefully your brother will find the same if he goes that route.

My mom says that they gave him a false eye. I got the impression that they did it on the spot, but I'm not sure. They had a plastic surgeon, and my mother insists that I won't be able to tell when I come home to visit.

I had a basketball coach who was blind; his eyes had been messed up from the old-school vision correction surgery. I guess he had at least one false eye. I remember at least once coming to practice and him not having an eye. Very weird for an 11-year-old to see. He was an awesome coach, though. [Smile]

I think I'm going to put together some kind of get-well basket and mail it to my brother. I don't know what to put in it though. My mother is giving him a teddy bear on my behalf. I was thinking maybe of some candy and something sci-fi related. He's a sci-fi freak. And maybe soething for my nephew as well. Is that a good idea?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a great idea. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
If he's a sci-fi freak, does he watch BSG? 'Cause now he's totally like Tigh now.

Does your brother have a gallows sense of humor?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I think he does watch BSG, but I'm not sure. And he loves the Alien movies, as does my nephew. My nephew's 10, and he reminds me a lot of the little chicken in Chicken Little.

Actually, come to think of it, he's probably the one who recommended I watch BSG, but I'm not sure. [Razz]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if he's got a gallows sense of humor, I'd make him a get-well basket with a missing eye thing. A teddy bear with an eyepatch, pirate with an eyepatch, some fake eyeballs you can get around halloween... but only if he's got that type of humor, or it could be taken the wrong way.

I suggest it because that's the sort of thing we did to my uncle when he had cancer in his...um...the cheek of his gluteus maximus. Told him he'd have to get a prosthetic ass.

Yeah, my family is strange.

So if yours is strange too...

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking of something along those lines, too, but wasn't sure how it would be taken.

A friend of mine sent her sister a chicken neck when the sister was in a car accident that involved whiplash . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.