FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Butt hurt... literally

Author Topic: Butt hurt... literally
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
My friends and I have a saying when someone gets their feelings hurt, we'll say "they got all butt hurt". Well I discovered the literal meaning of this Sunday (get your minds out of the gutter you pervs...lol). I hit the mountain bike trail for the first time since earlier this summer. My bike skills improved a lot over the summer with all the road riding I did. I feel a lot more confident on my bike and attempted almost all of the trail. What does all of this mean??? Well it means that I crashed... a lot. I did get up everytime and hop right back on the bike. My legs are once again all black and blue and one of the crashes I hit my butt bone, hard. Monday I actually called in sick to work and spent the day with an ice pack on my butt. So I had to endure some razzing today, one coworker offered to loan me his daughter's old training wheels that she no longer needs and another coworker offered to "kiss it and make it all better". It was great to back on the trail, bumps and bruises and all. [Big Grin]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft. Now try cracking your tailbone during childbirth, the doctors and nurses not noticing and practically yelling at you that you're not up and about the day after and you should be and how lazy you must be and brushing it off as "normal" when you try to tell them how much it hurts to move, and then going home and taking care of a baby and finally figuring out on your own, almost a year later, what's wrong and that there are exercises and other things you can do to help relieve the pain.

Try that, and THEN tell me about it. [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I whacked my tail bone hard once. It is one of the most painful things I have ever experienced- not that that list is particularly long, but there you have it.

Tail bone = vulnerable.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Pfft. Now try cracking your tailbone during childbirth,

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

::retches:::

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
striplingrz
Member # 9770

- posted      Profile for striplingrz   Email striplingrz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was jumping on the trampoline with my 2 year old daughter last week when we were visiting my brother-in-law. His trampoline has more give than ours apparently, because I did one of those jump up and land on your tail moves... but his trampoline went all the way to the ground. Been so sore each day since... i'm sitting on a pillow as I type this. LOL
Posts: 176 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.