FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Theatre Buffs look here!

Author Topic: Theatre Buffs look here!
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to bring this up in the myspace page, but I thought some hatrackers would get a kick out of it so I'm making my own thread, which will hopefully detail the process a bit and provide a forum for people to share their knowledge.

For a Drama Theory Class, we have what are called Theory In Practice or TIP scenes where we incorporate the theories we learn about into a short scene from a play. Our study group will be performing a piece from Caryl Churchill's Mad Forest. In doing this we have to incorporate theories of Postmodernism, and we are focusing on the concept of Simulacra. Therefore, we are taking the scene "December" (which is basically a whole bunch of stringed-together monologues of people who lived through the Romanian revolution of the late 80s) and we are creating actual myspace pages for individual characters in that scene. We will then pull those pages up in our scene while people in the group act out the monologues of the characters. As the most internet-savvy of the bunch, I volunteered to do the pages.

I'm not trying to get Hatrack to help me with my homework -- mostly, I just saw the myspace thread and realized to could hit some people up in case I need help putting together the actual pages. I'm probably going to create a dedicated email address to create these myspace pages to limit spam to my real address, but since I'm more of an LJ girl (and a minimalist sort of LJ girl, at that) I need to know how to create things like music players and the annoying wallpaper that moves when you scroll down and other stuff that is indicative of the sort of Myspace culture. I'm looking at making one of the pages the Most Annoying Myspace Page Ever Made(tm) for an additional "narrator" type character for the scene, and making the characters friends of his so we can link to them easily.

Since there might be copyright issues in using Caryl Churchill's work, I want to make the pages completely private, open them to the public only for the actual presentation (which will be in a computer lab, where the rest of the class can access it on their computers) and then deleted right afterwards. Or maybe I'll translate it into leetspeak or something. I'm not sure yet.

Postmodernism isn't my most favorite type of literary movement, but I'm really getting into this idea, and I think it'll turn out really cool.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crescentsss
Member # 9494

- posted      Profile for crescentsss   Email crescentsss         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.strikefile.com/myspace/

you can edit a myspace page with that, and i'm sure there are other sites out there too.
have fun!

Posts: 97 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in that play in High School. Great, great play.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.