FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What Are You Going to Be for Halloween? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What Are You Going to Be for Halloween?
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, if I saw someone with a golden apple, I'd think it was Atalanta (or, if a dude, Hippomanese or whatever his name is).
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
...hmm. Good point. Maybe I'll write "Kallisti" or "To the fairest" on it.

Then again, do I really want to carry around an apple all night?

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
This weekend I needed a quick costume. I have a long black leather trench coat, and a rumbled derby. I took a wad of fake cash that I had on hand and stuffed it in various pockets.

Then I went up to everyone at the party, shook hands, leaving some big bill in theirs, and said, "Hi, I'm Jack Abramhoff."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Someone teach me how to sew on a machine!

I need to do a little gathery kind of thing at the hip on one side of the dress (I just got it last night) and maybe adjust the neckline. And of course, I need to cut the asymmetrical hem.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as a punk version of myself - spike my hair all out and do it purple, black eye makeup, tattoo sleeves, black leather d-ring cuffs, spiked dog collar, extra fake ear/nose rings, black tshirt (modified and safety pinned), red tank top, black crop pants with straps and chains, black combat-style boots, red/black striped socks. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Three words:

Giant. Whoopie. Cushion.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually when I was a kid there was always candy left in those bowls left out on their own. I always only took a few even if I was without parents.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Aerin is going as a ladybug. Her costume is actually a ladybug tutu and I got her black tights with red, sparkly hearts. I'm going to get some kind of headgear for Andrew and myself.

We're visiting friends in Northern VA this weekend and their 4-year-old twins are going as knights.

Best last-minute costume: write "Idaho" on a piece of paper and tape it to your shirt.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Our office is doing Pirates vs Ninjas.

I'm going as Tenten from Naruto. I'll be practicing the ox horns (two buns hairstyle) this weekend to make sure I can do it.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
Our office is doing Pirates vs Ninjas.

Last year I was a Ninja Pirate [Big Grin]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
[QB] Our office is doing Pirates vs Ninjas.

Will there be fighting with katanas and cutlasses?
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as crazy egg-beater hand. I have an egg-beater for a hand. Did I mention that I'm crazy? Won't you give me some candy?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we entered a costume contest with our Bender costume and won $100. I am more proud of that than anything else I've ever had a hand in building.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a costume party on Friday dressed as a Catholic Schoolgirl. And St. Anthony and a priest were both there to keep me in line...

By far the best costume at the party however was Wesley from the Princess Bride. He even brought one of the ROUSs from the fire swamp, flashing red eyes and all.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
So the costume we spent weeks on won first prize at a contest Saturday night. Hooray for Bender. Pictures here.

The guy in the Bender costume is Jonesy, my best man. Ophelia is Leela, and I am Fry (we didn't have orange hair dye)

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Our little pumpkin
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
I was so impressed by the quality of the costumes worn by the trick or treaters in our neighborhood last night? I was reminded of costumes my brothers and I wore in the 70's. Anybody old enough to remember those plastic jump suit costumes with the character design printed on them. They had plastic masks with the little breathing slits and the eye holes you could barely see through. The masks got all sweaty (Holloween nights in Miami are often hot and muggy), and the suit always had a major tear by the end of the evening. The character design was usually an ad for a TV show or movie, think Six Million Dollar man or Planet of the Apes. What ever happened to those? Man, today's kids have it good.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Our little pumpkin
Awwww! Mine are past the age of pumpkins I'm afraid ... and I have a cute pumpkin costume that will never be used.

But, mine are pretty cute anyway.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.