FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who is this actor?

Author Topic: Who is this actor?
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a picture of a fairly well known actor in his new movie. Who do you think the actor is? Does he seem recognizable to you?

*I know the answer via external means. I don't think I would have been able to tell otherwise. If you know the answer from some other exposure to this picture/topic please don't ruin the guessing game for others.

<edit>Now that the answer has been revealed, I'll post a spoiler here, to let everyone know that they should guess before they read the rest of the thread.</edit>

[ October 17, 2006, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The guy from The Fugitive, and Men in Black. Tommy Lee Jones?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't look at the picture, as you so much as say that this actor is not recognizable, so it's just my intuition that says it must be Rutger Hauer [Big Grin]
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the eyes and face do look familiar. But I can't put a name to it without looking it up..

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
looks sorta like an older antonio banderes
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it, but I already saw at IMDB. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Eyes and nose of Tommy Lee Jones, mouth of John Malkovich. However, given the proper angle, lighting and makeup (including wig! [Smile] ), these two men would look very similar to me, so I could make a case either way.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a darn clue.

((And...ew. I got an ad for WoW gold on this page. Is no forum sacred?))

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
If that is Rutger Hauer, I will, um, something.

I'm guessing, wossname, Kevin Kline.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Sam Neil to me.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing Dennis Hopper. I put my fingers over his hair on the screen, and it looks like him.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I could see a case for Kevin Kline, too, especially with some aging makeup. But I seem to remember Kline as having a more pointy (?) nose (more sharp -- always reminded me of a male version of Julia Roberts' nose). Brow seems different, too, but maybe just that he's furrowing it in a broody way.

Duuno. Looks like a lot of actors Of A Certain Age, I guess. *smile

Handsome fella, regardless.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

could also be Richard Dean Anderson.
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I could also second the Tommy Lee Jones guess, too. Or Richard Dean Anderson. Hm.. I just don't know.

Edit: Okay, I just cheated. No way in heck I'd ever have guessed it.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Yeah, now that you say Richard Dean Anderson, I see that a lot more in that guy's face. But he'd have to be wearing some sort of prosthetics, because the lines of his face are radically different...
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Jackie Chan's makeup job looks AMAZING!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Could you say how you cheated? Cause I can't guess, and I'd like to know the answer. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

jacki chan?

nah its definately morgan freeman

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
All is revealed at imdb.com. But only go there to spoil the fun. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Yes, but what movie is it from?
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not spoiling the fun for anyone else, just for myself...and not even really that, since I don't enjoy guessing games. And I couldn't have found it at imdb.com if I hadn't traced it back from the original site that the photo is on. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess Robert Downey Jr based on the round eyes and the eyebrows. He's getting older, ja? And there's definitely a lot of Old makeups going on in that picture.

edit: woah, five posts snuck in there while I was typing O_o

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to guess Mel Gibson, though I think Kevin Klein is a better guess, but I didn't think of that until I read this thread. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

quote:
Originally posted by Human:
Yes, but what movie is it from?

It's actually at the home page. Just FYI so people don't accidentally spoil themselves.
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

yea... i wouldnt have guessed that. Mainly because i am not too sure who he is.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, finally figured out where on the IMDB page to look. I see it now (especially around the eyes), but would NEVER have guessed.

I did think those who were saying RDA were a bit touched, though. [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
It's Ed Harris. How does no one here know that?
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess that French guy, Depardu.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I change my vote. Its Don Johnson.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Baron! Spoiler! You ruined the game, dude!
vwiggin
Member # 926

Actually, it is not a spoiler if no one points it out as such. [Wink]
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'd never have guessed--and I tried! Even looking back and forth at two photos and comparing features I'm having a hard time processing it.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to guess Gillian Anderson or Halle Berry.

What? Why are you looking at me like that?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I confess.

It's me.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
If they hadnt touched his eye brows I would have been able to figure it out.

Really good job with changing his appearance!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pelegius
Member # 7868

- posted      Profile for Pelegius           Edit/Delete Post 
Liam Neeson?

No, Liam Neeson is to young.

Posts: 1332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.