FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sewing projects (SOLD!)

Author Topic: Sewing projects (SOLD!)
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Post yours here! [Smile]

This is my latest. I actually bought a pattern and followed the directions to make this cute Halloween skirt for Julia. She wore it today at the Halloween carnival in our neighborhood and I had her pose by that tree. Then I realized that the tree was covered in poison oak so I raced home with her and dunked her in the tub.

[ November 20, 2006, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: MandyM ]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Julia is the cutest! The skirt, lovely and well-made as it looks (you're doing great, Mandy. Give yourself a huge pat on the back!), pales by comparison next to her facial expression. [Big Grin]

I really should take pictures of the things I sew. I do photo some of them, but haven't for the last, oh, dozen projects. I really should...

But not today. I've had a really rough last 15 hours and I'm heading back to bed where I hopefully won't fall off the world. Dizzy dizzy dizzy.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Here are the finished snowman jeans I was working on ages ago. I made the snowman a hat and scarf and finished the other leg (finally!) Both legs have the same snow and ruffle at the bottom.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r302/mandymershon/snowman/?action=view¤t=HPIM0245.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=6

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Mandy, you've done an incredible job! You really should be proud of yourself! [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

I posted the skirt I first made for Julia on Craig's List with some different holiday fabric options and someone bought one! I will make it for her over the long weekend and will deliver it next week! Woo-hoo!
MandyM
Member # 8375

Here are some pictures of the finished skirt (in a new Craig's list ad). I will get tired of showing this off soon but I am still so excited!

edit to add link

quidscribis
Member # 5124

First things first. Your girl is so incredibly cute. [Big Grin]

Secondly, you're doing a fantastic job with your sewing. [Smile]

MandyM
Member # 8375

Thanks! We kind of like her too! She did NOT want to take these pictures though so it is amazing they came out as well as they did.

Thanks again! I am really proud of this one since all the seams came out nice. My hubby printed cute little tags to put in them too with a pumpkin bear logo on it. I call Julia my pumpkin bear. [Smile]

quidscribis
Member # 5124

That's so cute! [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.