FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blindsided by depression

Author Topic: Blindsided by depression
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh... I'm depressed.

I guess I'm not totally blindsided, I felt it coming on for a week or two. Woke up today and felt like dying. Sucks too because Halloween is my favorite holiday and I like doing tons of stuff.

But I've been so out of it I couldn't do anything. I feel alot better now than I did this morning, but this depression is going to last at least a week. I had a few things happen to set it off (car crash, money problems, lovesick), but regardless it does seem to hit me every other month or so and last for one to two weeks. nIt's been so bad in the past that I wouldn't leave my bed for days at a time. I hope I don't get that bad.

But I am feeling alot better. Hung out with my Dad and then my brother tonight.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Telp. I hope you feel better soon.

(((((Telp)))))

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith, again
Member # 9457

- posted      Profile for Sopwith, again   Email Sopwith, again         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, get out and about a bit. Some sunshine can really do wonders for ya. Take care and go gently with yourself.
Posts: 45 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Telp, I've been there, and it's wretched. I hope things get better for you. It helps me a lot to make a Plan of what I am going to do next and then do it: Now I will get out of bed and then take a shower and brush my teeth, and when I have done that I will reward myself by reading my lovely book.

*hugs*

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, Telp, I definitely know the feeling. Hope you get through it quickly.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but regardless it does seem to hit me every other month or so and last for one to two weeks
You realize what that sounds like [Wink] My PMS used to make me feel like dying too. Unfortunately for you, you don't have something you can put your finger on like that. But like others have said, try getting some more natural light and see if you can move around a bit. It works better than pills... if you can get yourself to do it. [Frown]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Feel better soon.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel for you, Telp *hugs* Old Man Depression likes to follow me around, then sneak up and clobber me with a 2x4 when I'm not looking. Never fun. Be kind to yourself, and I hope you feel better soon.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
((Telp))

With daylight savings gone it's suddenly dark earlier. That's one of the things that brings it on with me.

Try turning on all the lights in the house when you're home? The brighter the better. And get lots of sleep.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
(((hugs)))

I'd say try a full spectrum light. You can get them for about $25 at craft stores.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. [Smile]
I'm feeling alot better today.
I think the biggest contributors are holidays at my new place without Mom around and the guy that I've had a crush on for many a year was really affectionate to me at my party Friday. An affection that he only gives when he's had a few drinks.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.