FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Enders game the movie" release date?

Author Topic: "Enders game the movie" release date?
Firewarrior1200
Member # 9842

- posted      Profile for Firewarrior1200           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello when is the Movie coming out Orson S. Card [Confused] ? because it really sounds awsome.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Some time after:

• a final script is approved
  • the movie is cast
  • the movie is filmed
  • all the cool special effects are added

It'll be a few years yet.

Anyway, welcome to Hatrack! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
you forgot the john williams score
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want Ender's Game to sound like Indiana Jones. [Frown]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
I can totally see the launchies battling to the Indiana Jones theme. All you really need to do is give Graff a bulliwhip and fedora instead of a hook and scatter poisonous snakes and booby traps throughout the battle room and you're set. [Razz]
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I am totally sold on the idea of giving Graff both a bullwhip and fedora.

But really Friday, it sounds like you've just described the sequel to SoaP, Snakes on a Space Station: Zero G!

I wouldn't mind it if Williams did the score. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, and Harry Potter all sound distinct, and awesome.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I could really see it with a Williams score. I can't come up with a reason off the top of my head, it just seems like it wouldn't fit somehow.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Having no idea how the movie will be portrayed, I can't really peg it with a soundtrack composer off the top of my head, but if you're going to rule out Williams, you almost have to rule out Hans Zimmer and Howard Shore too. Or the guy who did Pirates, Klaus Bedelt.

Basically anyone who does that kind of romping good, fantasy fun type of stuff.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for a Kronos Quartet score.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly--I think the score should be done by (now becoming very popular) Michael Giacchino. He composed the music for The Incredibles, MI: III, Alias, and Lost--and his style would be great for EG.

William's scores, while beautiful, don't complement the movie as much as jump up and down saying "Listen to ME! I'M EXCITING/TRAGIC/EPIC AND OBVIOUS". It's much harder to write a score that fulfills it's role without getting in the way.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
2010 at the earliest. Probably later.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark Mothersbaugh and Wayne Coyne could team up to give us the quirkiest soundtrack of all time.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepherd
Member # 7380

- posted      Profile for Shepherd           Edit/Delete Post 
Trans SIberian Orchestra should do the entire score.
Posts: 242 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.