FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Someone keeps moving my chair.

Author Topic: Someone keeps moving my chair.
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Why is this such a problem with some people?

It's not about my chair nor is it about me moving someone elses. It's just about people who seem to have a problem when their chair is moved in general.

I'm not talking about moved to a different room or different desk. I mean moved a few inches from where is was before.

[ROFL] [Confused] [Dont Know]

[Sleep]

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

- posted      Profile for Cactus Jack           Edit/Delete Post 
Just so we're clear, you don't mind our dreadfullness? Because we thought that might be a thing to annoy you with.
Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously not a TMBG fan.

quote:
But Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind
The thing that bothers me is
Someone keeps moving my chair"

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Moving the chair could mean it's been tampered with in some way. Someone else sat in it, played with the settings, moved the arms in or out, fooled with the height, squished it in a way that is completely different from the way you squish it...

See, it makes perfect sense.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm ... It's obviously because we're afraid that someone has planted nanites on the chair, ready to infiltrate our posteriors and throw bowel movements all off, among other, unmentionable effects. Duh.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, I've worked in a lot of places where chairs are community property, in call centers and such, and I'm endlessly amused by people who spend a good portion of their day worrying about and complaining about and labeling "their" chair. [Smile] It's such a funny thing to stress out about, but when you feel like you have no control over your work life, you tend to obsess over the one or two things you can claim as "yours". Chairs and thermostats, two of the most fought-over devices in all of cubedom. [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a decent sized "cubicle" (no carpeted walls so it's not an official cube) at work. I've got vertical filing on one side, kitchen-type overhead cabinets on another. A networked printer on the countertop in that far corner, intentionally set in that corner for reasonable access, even though everyone has their own printers at their own desks. I have no problem with people entering the region to get to those areas. But my chair is in MY space, the area where absolutely nobody else has any reason to encroach upon, so if the chair is moved, it's a sign of a violation of my little bit of privacy.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Curse this thread. I have had that song going through my head all morning.

"Would you mind if we balanced this glass of milk where your visiting friend accidentally was killed would it be okay with you if we wrote a reminder of things you'd forget to do today otherwise, using a green magic marker if it's okay on the back of your head."

Gah!

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
aww, yay! now I'll have that song running through my head all day... in fact I may run out to my car and grab my Flood cd.

Or hell, I'll just keep playing my "Birdhouse in your soul" ringtone on my cell =p

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
*blue canary in the outlet by the lightswitch... who watches over you...*
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeugma:
It's such a funny thing to stress out about, but when you feel like you have no control over your work life, you tend to obsess over the one or two things you can claim as "yours". Chairs and thermostats, two of the most fought-over devices in all of cubedom. [Smile]

It's the obsession that intrigues me the most. None of that stuff is really theirs. They can't take it with them when they get fired or transferred.

And yes I'm a big TMBG fan. I just haven't heard that song in ages.

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
"Sneaks into office. Swaps chairs with other chairs. Moves computer monitors slightly. Sneaks back out."

Yes, that is what I will do to all crappy customer service departments in the future. I will find out where they work, fly there, break in, and screw with the chairs. I like it!

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.