FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Gay-Lashing (tongue, that is) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Random Gay-Lashing (tongue, that is)
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I didn't it was derogatory in the slightest.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
BQT: There are many things people of all sexualities can suck.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd type...

Hmmm....not a sentence I thought I'd see addressed to me either. We'll call it a wash [Razz]

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to imply that suck had exclusively homosexual roots if that's the meaning you got out of it.

Edit: I think I need to explain more. I thought it was amusing that someone did not use word X because it was deragatory toward a group of people based on the nature of the sexual acts they perform. The person then used word Y, which started out as a deragatory term for a group of people that performed specific sexual acts.

I wasn't amused because I think the person is a hypocrit or anything like that. Just that perjorative use of the word suck apparantly goes back further than it does for gay, making one more acceptable than the other. Wow. That took WAY too many words.

Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously guys. With the tongue lashing and sucking and Rivka licking from yesterday, how am I supposed to get any work done.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
A few things.

Karl, if you saw my hair or lack there of, on any given day, you would truly comprehend the irony of my earlier comment.

However I do believe that you were right to be upset and worried. If we assume that hate crimes, like sex-crimes, grow and evolve if not stopped early, (they both revolve more around power and ego issues of the perpetrator rather than anything the victim does or doesn't do), then those kids may be on a path toward violence. You had no idea where they were on that path.

Some, but not all punk teens grow into violent people.

On the other hand, while these were definately stupid ignorant teenage boys, we should not create our own prejudice, our own hate group attacking teen age boys.

I mean, Pix, I understand what you say, about this behavior is why you hated boys when you were a teen.

It doesn't explain your present animosity towards the male gender, but then again, we all think its cute and wouldn't want you to change.

Now finally, the question of the day.

If Gay and Faggot have been turned into slang of ridicule, and homosexual has the word sex in it, what other good politically correct terms could we coin?

My suggestions:

Matrimonilly Illegalized
Praticioners of 100% safe birth control
The interracial pan-gender minority,

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought we had redirected all licking in your direction, Kate?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
Seriously guys. With the tongue lashing and sucking and Rivka licking from yesterday, how am I supposed to get any work done.

kmbboots wins the thread!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I should hope so. And I want the sucking, too.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan: You really think I have something against men? I mean, more than I have against other women?

Currently all my close friends are men and I'm married to a man. I don't have any more animosity towards men than I do anyone else.

Though you guys do smell funny...

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If Gay and Faggot have been turned into slang of ridicule, and homosexual has the word sex in it, what other good politically correct terms could we coin?
Tendoaptoretroictus -- (from the Latin) Trying to do the proper thing, and it lands up biting you in the behind. -Tante
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have something against men. Well, one man in particular. I hold it against him whenever I get the chance...
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet wins the thread.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, speaking of, you know, saying derogatory and insulting things about specific groups of people...

quote:
Unmated late adolescent boys are like apes-- they just wander around in groups flinging poo.
quote:
Don't let it get you down Karl, adolecent boys are scum and I REALLY wish we had required military service for em, if not lock em all up while they finish high school and their first year at college before letting them out again.
quote:
Teenagers are just lame in general and like to yell things at people to try to make themselves feel superior, I think.
If I posted statements saying that African-American males were all criminals, people would be all over me. Just because the African-American male demographic has one of the highest crime rates in the nation, IIRC, this does not mean that all African-American men commit crime.

How are these accusations against teenaged males any different? I mean, seriously, people, even if these statements do have merit (which I do not deny - teenagers, especially of the male variety, are often boneheadedly stupid), they are generalizations that encompass the entirety of of a population to which I belong. I do not act like an ape, I am not scum, and I do not yell at other people in order to make myself feel superior. I fail to see what I have done to deserve such blatant and offensive insults. I want an apology.

quote:
On the other hand, while these were definately stupid ignorant teenage boys, we should not create our own prejudice, our own hate group attacking teen age boys.
Thanks, Dan.

[ November 09, 2006, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Mr.Funny ]

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Karl, I think you were justified in flipping them off. Don't make it free, as my father says.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Great. I killed the thread.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Doh!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I think the women killed the thread.

<loosens collar>
<wipes forehead>

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.