FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Immitation is the highest form of flattery

Author Topic: Immitation is the highest form of flattery
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a nature documentary nerd, Ill say this now. But even if you find them boring what this bird can do is just pure awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1LxBkQM578&mode=related&search=

Its not fake, I've watched David Attenborough and the BBC documentaries he narrates for a very long time.

I loved the camera with a motor shutter the best to be honest. I love the fact that the person taking the picture of the bird probably had no idea they were assisting the bird with its mating song.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was really neat. I was really impressed with the birds ability to make the sounds, but it makes me sad that he is familiar enough with the sound of a chainsaw to imitate it.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That can't be real...

<grinning like a fool>

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the car alarm!

When my daughter was like 4 or 5, and was over at my dad's house, my brother was making random semi-musical sounds on his viola to warm-up. Minutes later, I heard the same noises again--it was my daughter, mimicing those sounds! Boy, did that piss my brother off!

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The parody thread that should emerge from this one should be "Immigration is the highest form of flattery."

.. actually, that's just good on its own.

Posts: 15419 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A worthy past time for any southerner is to teach a Mockingbird to whistle the first few bars of the Mexican Hat dance.

It is possible, and it is hilarious.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a child in Texas I would amuse myself by teaching mockingbirds new songs.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Did you see how his whole body language went crazy with the chainsaw sounds??

Sad in some ways, but impressive.

Oh - to be able to pick up language so quickly...

Posts: 1293 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the craziest, coolest friggin thing I've seen in a looooong time.

The warbly noises he makes sound like R2-D2 came rolling through the woods one too many times.

Posts: 21897 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
That's the craziest, coolest friggin thing I've seen in a looooong time.

The warbly noises he makes sound like R2-D2 came rolling through the woods one too many times.

haha!

I'd love to test the limits of this birds range. It could easily be the life of any party.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, THAT was cool. It's stuff like that that more firmly solidifies my belief in a creator.

[ November 09, 2006, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: DaisyMae ]

Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.