FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Practical Joke Help (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Practical Joke Help
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
MightyCow,
too bad we have such large bathrooms that the mirrors never fog up. A message in the mirror would be great.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
One I have always wanted to try is putting marbles in the medicine cabinet. Hold up cardboard to get them all in, close the door and slide out the cardboard. This is great for a party, because when someone snoops in the medicine cabinet all those marbles bouncing off of tile lets everyone know they're snoops.

Those jokes using screenshots for wallpaper are hilarious!
quote:
Hook a wireless keyboard up to a computer, but make it look like the normal keyboard is still there...when they try to type things, nothing will happen...but you can type whatever you want. People will freak out when they see random letters showing up on their screen.
We did this once with a wireless PS1 controller. I set them both to 1 so they controlled the same thing. Then while we were playing Driver (single-player) I sat behind the kid playing and editorialized. I started out small, just making him go wide on turns and stuff. I thought he would catch on. Finally I just kept crashing it into walls. Our giggling finally clued the kid in. [ROFL]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo, that is hilarious. There are so many more possibilities for that with the Wii controls. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I love changing the auto correct feature. Would it be in appropriate to have it change some commonly used word to a mild curse word or maybe slang? Or maybe you could have it replace phrases with internet acronyms. Replace "Thank you very much" with "TYVM",

"Thank you very much (TYVM),
As far as I know (AFAIK)
By the way (BTW)
In my opinion (IMO)
I don't know (idk)

Do the nuns in your monestery wear habits that all look very similar? If so, you could try switching them around so that some sisters are putting on habits that are 2 sizes two small while others are swimming in habits that are several sizes too big.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:
We did this once with a wireless PS1 controller. I set them both to 1 so they controlled the same thing. Then while we were playing Driver (single-player) I sat behind the kid playing and editorialized. I started out small, just making him go wide on turns and stuff. I thought he would catch on. Finally I just kept crashing it into walls. Our giggling finally clued the kid in.

My brother did that to me once. We were playing Super Smash Brothers, I think. It was a long time ago, and I didn't wonder why I was doing so good.

-Get all the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash containers you can. Any similar bottles. Take off the cap and cover the opening with clear food wrap and put the caps back on.

-Talk like pirates the entire day.

-Replace a word you say all the time with 'Frappy'

-Talk in anything but English

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

In our monastery we wear simple clothing but no longer do we dress in a similar fashion. I have heard of this joke being pulled several years ago when sisters did still wear habits. Actually, I think the most popular incarnation of it involved older sisters switching postulant capes just before vespers.
Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Get a hold of any shoes with laces on them. Untie the laces and tie all the shoes together. Hang the shoes somewhere high.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
Originally posted by Euripides:
- Replace all forks and knives with pairs of chopsticks. Serve spaghetti.

[Confused] But noodles are easy to eat with chopsticks... Orzo, now, or alphabet soup, that would be tricky.
I guess so, unless you make the spaghetti slippery like udon. I was imagining the tasteless boarding house spaghetti I used to get...

Maybe a T-bone would be more appropriate. Yeah, alphabet soup would be good too. [Smile]

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't looking for this, I just saw it on FAZED.COM. It's funny how when something is brought to your attention it starts popping up anywhere.
Humorless Microsoft has a screensaver that mimics the BSoD!
quote:
Bluescreen cycles between different Blue Screens and simulated boots every 15 seconds or so. Virtually all the information shown on Bluescreen's BSOD and system start screen is obtained from your system configuration - its accuracy will fool even advanced NT developers. For example, the NT build number, processor revision, loaded drivers and addresses, disk drive characteristics, and memory size are all taken from the system Bluescreen is running on.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Miscellaneous/BlueScreen.mspx
Note: Works on Windows XP,Windows Server 2003,Win2K and Windows 9x as well as NT systems.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw this, and I feel I must contribute.

The best practical jokes I ever pulled involved clear fishing wire connected to every moving thing in a bedroom, including light switches, a vacume cleaner, wrapped around the necks of several stuffed animals, the heating grate, a pair of scissors, and a bunch of glow in the dark circles. A single line attached to all of these things, hanging from a window with a nice heavy weight holding it down, produces HILARIOUS results when pulled strongly. Keep in mind that it has to be pretty heavy duty fishing line to accomplish its task. I'd be more than willing to send you some good fishing line if you choose to pull this one, as long as my copyright is acknowledged...

Another successful joke that always gets a laugh involves some good heavy duty plastic wrap and a toilet. Pull the wrap as tight as possible around the bowl with the seat up and tape it with clear tape. Put the seat down and wait for the hilarity to ensue. An added element that might not be so appropriate for older sisters is Turtle Wax on the seat. The screech and then the thump is just... priceless.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I avoide practical jokes which result in bodily injury, biohazards, or hurt feelings. I would guess most toilet jokes fall securely into these categories.

They're NUNS, for crying out loud!

And flying scissors?

*note to self: never let foundling into the house*

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
*note to self: find out where MightyCow lives and head over with some glass cutters and plastic wrap*

[Evil]

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

Yeah, toilet humor would definitely not go over well.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
How about starting a rumor that the place is going co-ed? You could wander around with clip boards and tape measures making detailed diagrams of the new facilities.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.