FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Me = Hero?

Author Topic: Me = Hero?
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister is getting married in June next year, and I'm her Maid-of-Honor. She and her fiancee have been looking for a long time for an affordable and nice reception hall. They found one they loved but with one catch- they'd have to move the wedding up a week. There was no problem with the church, since there's still eight months before the wedding. Now, one of her close friends is also a bride's maid. When my sister told her about the change, she was really mad. She told my sister 'If care about me, you'll move the wedding back a year' My sister and her fiancee have already waited three years. They wanted to finish college, and get enough money for the wedding and for after that.

They are both very ticked off with her. She called my sister's life 'easy'. She's been trying to get a job ever since she graduated. Her fiancee (who is an awesome guy) has had numerous jobs with lots of different people (He's sold perfume, worked with Ebay, done telemarketing... etc.) and is still looking for one. Her friend is a nurse, and already asked for her days off which she supposedly can't change. She hung up on my sister saying 'You can count me out then'

She called again the other day, crying. Her dog had died and she was really upset. My sister's phone was charging, so she didn't pick up. When she did, her friend was masd and said, "Thanks for being there when I needed you" The phones got disconected after that. She called again and just yelled at my sister for hanging up- which she didn't.

Today she called me with bacholorette party ideas. My sister never wanted her to have any part in the bacholorette party. She was allowed to plan a late night 'party' because she wanted to go clubbing. I'm not 21 yet, so the clubbing would be really late night. My sister and her fiancee said that from whenever I started until 11-ish was mine. Her friend started planning my part of the day, and ticked my sister off. So when she called, I was a little surprise. She had a pretty cool idea (A fifties party where everyone wore poodle skirts- except I hate skirts) I told her how mad my sister was, but she just said she was mad at her too and started talking about the party idea. She told me not to tell my sister so I didn't. I called my mom and left a message about it. About half an hour ago my sister called to say thanks. Just now her fiancee called to say I'm his hero, all because I told her friend how mad my sister was. I don't know how that works, but things are starting to work out for my sister.

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...wow. Your sister should kick that friend out of the wedding, or resolve the relationship problem with her.

Having someone be involved in the planning, etc. who is angry...well, just not a good idea.

I hope they get it resolved quickly.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
She did. She's going to ask either my brother's girlfriend, or our sister-in-law.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for your sister. That "friend" sounds like a real goldmine. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the "friend" should be made aware that it is not her wedding. Oy.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the whole:
quote:
"Thanks for being there when I needed you"
line is what killed me. I mean I can not believe she was being serious on that one. Jeesh, I thought it would work in the opposite direction. I mean if her friend backed out of the wedding and the bride got mad I could kin dof understand but this is just plain odd. Glad to hear that your sister has been having better luck.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.