FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sexiest movie role (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sexiest movie role
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
quote:
Originally posted by MyrddinFyre:
Alan Cumming as Kurt Wagner.

Oh, and that one too.
I already had a crush on Nightcrawler to begin with. The movie and x-men evolution only made it bigger.

OH YES. Kurt, honey....

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, not a movie role. But nonetheless one of the sexiest performances ever filmed.

[ December 07, 2007, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca.

Perhaps Grace Kelly in Rear Window.

The women of today are plastic.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Solo Wing Pixy
Member # 9489

- posted      Profile for Solo Wing Pixy   Email Solo Wing Pixy         Edit/Delete Post 
Kate Beckinsale, Underworld.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Kate Beckinsale, Anything she's ever been in.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
Okay, not a movie role. But nonetheless one of the sexiest performances ever filmed.

That was horrible. I am scarred for life. [Smile]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, for sure. The things I'd do... [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ethan Hawke and Jude Law in "Gattaca".
Yum.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Launchywiggin:
Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca.

Perhaps Grace Kelly in Rear Window.

Not all, but how true.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GForce
Member # 9584

- posted      Profile for GForce   Email GForce         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure what you mean by "plastic". If you're referring to "plastic surgery" then I guess you're right. That sort of thing doesn't really bother me though. If, on the other hand, you are referring to how natural they seem, I've got to (mostly) disagree. It's probably all a matter of opinion, but I think the art of acting has vastly improved since Ingrid Bergman's day. It's probably a combination of better acting techniques, better training, and better filming techniques, but I'd take a Charlize Theron performance over an Audrey Hepburn any day.

Edit: Excluding AeonFlux. But that wasn't her fault.

Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Jonny Depp in a almost everything. I'm particularly partial to PotC, Sleepy Hollow and *forgive me* Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Ewan McGregor in almost nothing (he appears that way frequently enough [Wink] ). I am particularly fond of Scarlet and Black, the scene where he's pounding on the door (offscreen) in The Pillow Book, and Shallow Grave (pinned to the floor with a kitchen knife, wearing huge grin because... I shouldn't give away the plot, but it's a great ending).

Women... I'll second Kathleen Turner in Body Heat (?) and Catherine Zeta-Jones in about anything.

I'm also really fond of Elizabeth Shue, though I don't know if I'd call her sexy.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto for Kate Beckinsale. And... atypical as this is for me, did any of you watch Witchblade? The first season, I mean... not the horrendous second season, which didn't really happen.

Anyway, Kim De Lury played a character named Conchobar. And I'm telling you, he was almost hot enough to make me straight.

[ November 14, 2006, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Launchywiggin:

So true. In terms of movie classics, the sexiests were, IMHO:
Greer Garson in Mrs. Miniver
Kim Novak in Vertigo and Bell, Book, and Candle; and
Merle Oberon, Jean Simmons, and Lauren Bacall in anything.

I could name at least a dozen more that could outshine todays starlets.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
maid mirriam in disney's robin hood.

now that woman is a fox

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Katherine Hepburn in anything black & white--movie wise.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
aww.. someone beat me to both Kate Bekensale in Underworld (but not so much underworld 2) AND Ewan McGregor in Moulan Rouge.

Wolverine is hot whatever he's in too. He can be dapper like in Kate and Leopold or rough 'n scruffy like in XMen. Yum.

Lisa: You're not crazy.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't normally like blonds, but Jude Law is hot . . . especially in Closer and I Heart Huckabees, because he's all insanely gorgeous and vulnerable and confused at the same time. For some reason I think that means he'd be really good in bed.

Possibly ought to talk to a shrink about that. Hmm.

Mmm, Jude Law.

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh - Johnny Depp is so unbelievably hot in Chocolat. I love how Juliette Binoche is all awkward around him (or as awkward as she gets). I would not have been able to talk if I had stumbled across him on a riverboat. Mmm. Guitar. That kiss. Mmm.
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Gross in Men with Brooms? But I really like him in Due South, except it's not a movie.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and Gene Wilder in anything.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.