FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ok firs day of work over.

Author Topic: ok firs day of work over.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
so i take 2 busses to get there, a tad late, my manager (shes chinese btw) doesnt seem to mind/notice im 10-20 minutes late (stupid buses). Im put to work right away, first I learn about putting flattened pizza dough into pans, and then im told how to put on the pepperoni on right, and then im shown how to retrieve the cooked pizzas deom oven and then slice them, them and ze crazy breads as well.

After about 3 hours the shift is ending th eother 2 people working iwht me leave, the 2 managers ask me to stay longer to help close, I do.

In the end i work 5 & 1/3 hours.

7.75 an hour apparently 25 cents more yayness.

my back is killing me. for some reaosn it really dosnt like standing around, i need to relieve back tension some how.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Your back might be killing you because of your shoes. Make sure your shoes have good arch support.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second Allegra. If you're in a job with periodic movement and plenty of milling, then you'll need some good shoes. Make that your first spending priority.

If you have a lot of time spent sitting at a computer during your off-hours, you may want to check your posture: bad sitting posture will start to bite back during your standing hours.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
You will get used to standing all day. It will take 1-2 weeks. Spend some of that first paycheck on a really good pair of shoes. I promise you won't regret it.

*sigh* It's been so long since I've had a job where I could sit down for more than a minute at a time.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
So, do you have fresh mushrooms or canned for the pizza? I adore the fresh mushrooms, but don't care for the canned at all.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Ick. No kidding. And I hate it when even upscale restaurants here use canned mushrooms. The sacrilege!

Yeah, listen to those who said good footwear. It's so very very important or you will hate your job.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, do you have fresh mushrooms or canned for the pizza? I adore the fresh mushrooms, but don't care for the canned at all.
I agree, pizza tastes best when made with fresh veggies. In addition to fresh mushrooms, I'm especially partial to chopped onions and sliced tomatoes on my pizza. The canned food stuff they try to pull these days is nonsense... nonsense I say!

Blayne, you don't by chance get to do that thing where you toss and spin the pizza dough in the air to make it flat and round do you? I've always wanted to try that with real pizza dough (alas, the ceilings in the kitchen at home are not high enough to get a good toss in).

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I also love sliced raw onions in my sandwiches. With salt and pepper. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Friday, cousin of Sunday, arch nemesis of Monday, and lover of Wensday, and finally the son of tuesday (the "others" are bastard children of saturday) ... i forget what I was getting at...

Ok now I remember, to a extent I do get to spin the Pizza but only a little bit what we do is put the dough into a machine that flattens it twice and then we put it in a pan and make sure all the edges are even.

As for mushrums, no idea Ive only done pepperoni so far, were the 5$ for a pepperoni pizza kind of place where 90% of people come here for a 5$ pepperoni pizza.

And man I wish I had a drivers liscense, then I could do delivery they need delivery ppl and the map is really simple.

And my shoes are beginning to wear and tear, I need new shoes again I geuss.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if there's one thing to be gathered from this thread, it's that Blayne needs new shoes. [Big Grin]

Gratz on the job, though! [Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.