FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who wants a PS3 this badly? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who wants a PS3 this badly?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Lot of variables in there. For those who waited less, or really, those who preordered and didn't wait in line at all, and for those who sell them for more than $1,500, the value changes considerably.

Besides, theoretically, 16 hours of that 48 is spent sleeping, which you can't really count. So that makes it $25 dollars an hour of actual waiting. I'm willing to bet that's more than most the kids waiting in line for a system make an hour.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Why pay so much money for a console when you can pay $1100 for getting the contact information of someone that does own one?

quote:
You are bidding on the contact information for my friend who acquired a PS3 by waiting in line outside Best Buy for two days in advance. I was there with him the entire time, but already sold mine. He has in his posession a PS3, extra controller, extra charger, three games (Resistance, Madden, and Ridge Racer), and a 2 year product replacement plan. Keep in mind that you are not bidding on an actual system, but only the information where you might obtain one. You will be able to contact him and he is very willing to sell if the price is right. The unit is in the Atlanta, GA area and he would be willing to deliver in person if close by. PayPal is the only payment form accepted.
Reminds me of when they were selling the XBox box for the same price, and people would still pay that amount even if the listing had the words "this is the BOX ONLY" in 200 point, bold red, blinking text.

*EDIT*

Or how about $600 for a quality email address you can use to sell your PS3?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.