FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fabric Hunt, Help Please

Author Topic: Fabric Hunt, Help Please
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

So I like to quilt (the easy in-a-day kind) and while I do utilize my local Jo-Ann's and specialty quilting fabric store, I also like looking at fabrics online. I really love equilter.com, for example.

Anyway, I am trying to hunt down a 100% cotton fabric with a frisbee motif/ print. And this would be for a guy, so I'd like something more cool and Ultimate like than cute. And without dogs.

Has anyone seen such a thing? Any suggestions on great websites for fabric?

Thanks!

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I know a place where you could probably find it, but they're not an on-line retailer. Checking their web site, however, it says you can email and call and they'll help you find "that special fabric," so if all else fails maybe you can email them what you're looking for and they can check their stock.

SR Harris is the place. It's simply unbelievable to go there, the pictures don't do it justice. It's about 3 times as big as the pictures on the "about" page make it look. If someone has it, it's them.

. . .Man, now I want to go! And I haven't sewn in a couple of years, and was never particularly good. But tey've got so much beautiful stuff. . .

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Samuel Bush           Edit/Delete Post 
You can also try http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/
Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
There is also fabric that can be put through your ink jet printer available. I have some of the June Tailor sheets I got at Wal-Mart but I haven't tried it yet, though.
a discussion of inkjet fabric printing

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, that's way cool. Thanks!
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.