FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Black Friday Specials

Author Topic: Black Friday Specials
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
Check out this collection of scans for the Black Friday ads. In the US, you'll probably find these ads in your Thursday paper to peruse while you wait for the turkey. For those not in the know, that is the day after the Thanksgiving holiday when most of the stores start their holiday price specials. I bought my nephew a xmas gift yesterday, and just noticed that Target will have the same thing on sale Friday for $20 cheaper. Doh! http://www.flexdeals.net/deals/forums/black-friday/6099-black-friday-2006-official-thread.html
Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
<shameless self promotion>
Here is a way to avoid the holiday rush at least if you have little girls to buy for.
http://austin.craigslist.org/bab/238119706.html

</shameless self promotion>

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a dozen websites you can go to, to check out the ads ahead of time. www.blackfriday.com is the easiest, though they removed their Best Buy ad, you can google it and find it pretty easy.

Personally, I'm going to Best Buy in the early AM to get stuff, and then maybe to the mall afterwards if there is time before I have to be back to work (which starts at 10am).

I've gone the last two years, and every year I either save a ton of money, or I can buy more presents for people with the money allotted.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahem.

All Black Friday shoppers should burn.

<-- Out of retail, FINALLY.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
umm, if u plan on going to any electronics store on black friday morning, u might not be getting the deals u are expecting. i went to a couple stores lately and asked about possible deals and what time to get ther ein the morning. they told me "good luck," and that ppl actually start camping there thanksgiving night. the things that are getting special deals are usually veryt limited (less than 20-30) and bu the time u get there on a friday morning the line will be too long anway.

so good luck to u guys. if anyone gets anything for a good deal, please post it here on fri/sat and let us know how much us aved, and how long u were in line before the store even opened.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Oh too true.

Last year I was driving back from the movies around midnight on Thanksgiving night and fifty or so people were already in line at Best Buy. I got there four hours later, and still got everything I wanted.

I never go for the big, big ticket items, they are usually too expensive anyway. But there are a ton of smaller deals on things that aren't in limited supply that can be snapped up.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
im trying to find a decent TV for my new apartment, but the only deals i can find are for really big ones. i dont have $1000 to spend on a TV. anyone seen any good deals for maybe a 32" one?

Now, if the TV came with some sort of Bat-Utility belt or some equally cool / unique gadget to help me fight crime... $1000 might seem a bit more reasonable =)

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

$500, 42-inch Plasma. Meijers. I believe.

Have to be one of the first ones there.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.