FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Person(s) of the Year?

Author Topic: Person(s) of the Year?
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Who do you think TIME will pick in a few weeks? I thought they might go for a world leader but now I'm leaning toward the YouTube guys -- that site has gained more media influence faster than any other I can remember.

Well?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
ME!
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Dr Strangelove
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
*punts* Maybe it's too early?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Kim Jong Il is said to be a contender.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally could never pick just one person as person of the year. I mean, how do I, a 21 year old geek in New Hampshire, pick out the person of the year? Should I pick based upon names I keep hearing? Should I pick based upon someone who just really stood out to me?

I suppose if I had to pick a single person of the year, it would be Jon Stewart. The man, in my opinion, has the most influence on the average american than anyone else.

If we were to talk about a group of individuals that have caused the most talk and influence over various aspects of life, I would choose The Iraqi People as a whole.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I suppose if I had to pick a single person of the year, it would be Jon Stewart. The man, in my opinion, has the most influence on the average american than anyone else.
How so?
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.