FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC and Star Trek?? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC and Star Trek??
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
"It's my first ray gun."

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Generations is still my favorite. It's the end of the era, the death of Enterprise-D, and all that.

Plus the scene where Data is searching for life forms and singing his little "I just, love searching for life forms. Life-forms, you tiny little life-forms, you precious little life-forms, where, are, you?" With the music from the console is the best Star Trek scene ever for me. Actually all the Data comedy from that movie is my favorite.

First Contact is very much unlike TNG, and you're right in calling it a DS9 like quality, it's rougher around the edges, far less reserved.

But it too DOES have some really great lines.

"I picked a hell of a day to quit drinkin'"

Generations has sentimental value I suppose, but both were fantastic, and I suppose as a standalone, FC was the greater of the two.

Both were utterly fantastic to see at a midnight showing in the theater, where the fans cheered every name and every great one liner on the screen.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE Data's life forms song. I used to have it as one of the sounds for my old desktop.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.