FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » World Container

Author Topic: World Container
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of weeks ago, I bought The Tragically Hip's new album, World Container. Let it be said that I believe that this is the best album to come out this year. This coming from a metalhead who thought that Tool's 10000 days or Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists were untoppable.

I'm pretty sure that not many of you hve heard of this band, but they are well on their way to being my favorites. You can listen to their album at their website

Ahh. Canadian music at it's finest.

Edit: sorry bout that airmanfour.

[ November 30, 2006, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Flaming Toad on a Stick ]

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
The Hip's Up To Here, Road Apples and Fully Completely are all fantastic albums, and for a while they were among my favorite bands. Their last couple of albums have been pretty disappointing for me, so I've kinda been avoiding this one. However, I've heard good things, so maybe I'll check it out.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried clicking on a song and it took me to a random Song of the Day, which coincidentally is a live version of "The Dark Canuck" played at Pine Knob, where I go all the time to see concerts.

Not terribly impressed by the song though, sorry to say.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that my favorite Hip song is Scared. I was listening to that this morning and thinking that I don't think I have ever skipped that track when it has come on. I can't say that about many songs.

I haven't heard anything from the new disc but my feelings are similar to Fitz's (Except I think that Day For Night is better than the 3 albums he listed).

Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Ten Thousand Fists!
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap...my bad.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.